Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What rims do you guys recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear
Default What rims do you guys recommend?

I dont even know were to start with rims, I have no idea which are good and which ones to stay away from

The rims im looking for are the black racing rims. Any suggestions? How much would a set of 4 cost anyway, im hoping for like something good for no more than like $800

oh and i also have an offtopic question. Is it ok to drive around with the foglights on and how do i turn on my front ones?

Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: What rims do you guys recommend?

with rims u have to pick em, its ur personal choice, just make sure the offset on the ones u get clears the brakes. foglights go on when you turn your little dial to turn on the lights and pull it once towards you, thats fronts, 2nd click is fronts and rears

Old 12-17-2006, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: votblindub

with rims u have to pick em, its ur personal choice, just make sure the offset on the ones u get clears the brakes. foglights go on when you turn your little dial to turn on the lights and pull it once towards you, thats fronts, 2nd click is fronts and rears

ok thanks, its fine to drive with them on when therese no fog right? its not illegal or anything

Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

As stated, rims are a highly personal choice. A few things to keep in mind no matter what you choose...

Go strong and light. Those two things tend to contradict each other unless you go with a very good make (e.g., BBS). Wheel weight affects performance more than any other weight on the car. If you're doing it for looks, and live where there are no potholes, you can pretty much buy what you want. If you live in the snow melt and/or are interested in performance, a good set of light weight 17" wheels should give you a great balance of light weight and good performance. If you're inclined to go with 18" wheels, you'll have to spend quite a bit of money to keep the stong/light balance in order -- bigger wheels weigh more and are more prone to damage from potholes. 19"s are a bad idea unless you live where the roads are in great shape and don't mide a harsh ride.

If you'll be driving in snow, consider using your current ones as dedicated snows. If you do this, you can go wider (7" for a 2.8/3.0/2.7T; 8" for a 4.2) and get some dedicated summer tires -- you'll love 'em.

Good luck.