Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will I see when XM subscription runs out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear
Default What will I see when XM subscription runs out?

I have a 2005 A6 with XM that I bought as a Certified Pre-Owned car. It has an XM radio, and when the existing subscription runs out, I'll glady re-up. The subscription purchased by the previous owner is still alive. As far as I know, nothing was done to transfer the subscription to me. Obviously, it runs out, I won't get programming, but will the MMI display something that tells me when the subscription has ended? Sometimes I get "no signal" or "loading" for a while when there seems to be a general problem in the XM network, but it comes back after a few or many minutes. How will I know definitively when I need to register and subscribe?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What will I see when XM subscription runs out?

You'll see the light at the end of the tunnel! XM sucks! Get it converted to Sirius which has much better programming and of course the "King Of All Media" Howard Stern!!

XM and Sirius has planned a merger, but the government has had congressional hearing about it saying it could damage regular AM and FM radio. What a joke! If the two would merge, they would have about 13 million listeners. This merger will probably not happen. Our government hard at work for us!

OOOO

Old 05-21-2007, 11:16 AM
3rd Gear

Yah, things definitely get better when customers have no choice. I do agree that Sirius is better though, but not because of Howard Stern.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

You should see an opportunity to subscribe to Sirius.

For about $100 you can swap the brain over and use your current controls.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeffla

Yah, things definitely get better when customers have no choice. I do agree that Sirius is better though, but not because of Howard Stern.
Whether you like it or not, Howard Stern is the main reason why Sirius Radio is so successful. They went from just under one million listeners to six million in about 2 years after he signed his $1/2 Billion contract! Gotta face facts when they're true!

STERN RULES!!!

OOOO

Old 05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

I like to listen to baseball and I don't like to listen to Howard Stern, so Sirius is not for me. We'll see what happens if and when the merger goes through. I thank everyone for the aesthetic answers to my question. Does anyone have a technical answer to it?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Site Moderator

When your subscription is up you will only get the demo channels.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

Actually when your subscription ends, you will only be able to recieve channels: ch.0 (8 digit radio id), ch.1 (preview channel) and ch.247 (the emergency alert channel.) There are no demo channels that are active unless XM is running a Demo promotion. BTW if you enjoy sound quality, XM is much better than Sirius. I know this because I own and sell both services.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:58 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Houndz408

Actually when your subscription ends, you will only be able to recieve channels: ch.0 (8 digit radio id), ch.1 (preview channel) and ch.247 (the emergency alert channel.) There are no demo channels that are active unless XM is running a Demo promotion. BTW if you enjoy sound quality, XM is much better than Sirius. I know this because I own and sell both services.

Do you have documentation to prove this or is this your personal opinion because you sell them. I have Sirius and a couple of my family members have XM. I listen to my Sirius all day everyday and I have listened to XM many times and I certainly do not hear a difference.

OOOO