Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When door opens, mileage indicator is shown, anyone know what controls the light

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
1st Gear
Default When door opens, mileage indicator is shown, anyone know what controls the light

my mileage indicator does not show when I open my door, is there a fuse or relay that controls this. I can not see any mileage or hear any beeping until my key is in the on position

Old 06-17-2014, 01:25 PM
2nd Gear

It uses the door lock sensor. I'm assuming if you turn your lights on and leave the door open it won't beep at you - warning you that it will drain your battery? Happened to me as well and I had to replace the door lock assembly, since you cannot get just the sensor.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Quick update to problem

OK so I pulled back the carpet and took a good look at the wire harness/connector for the TCM. It is corroded. SO I went to the junkyard found a 4.2 A6 and removed the connector for the TCM. I disconnected my battery, and cut all the wires connected to the harness. rewired the new harness and hooked the TCM back up to the harness, and finally got the lights to show on the dash for the PRD12. now that it lights up that's great because I can see what gear it goes in. but that is not the problem now::
When I shift from (P to R to N) I can see that but when I shift to drive the limp mode light lights up. so I still am not able to get the car to move at all.
However changing this wire harness did control the shift brake light and sensor. it now locks like it should. could anyone tell me what the next step is to get closer to figuring out what it could be