Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Door Handel Wire No Longer Opens Door - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 01:55 PM
ERP
Default Front Door Handel Wire No Longer Opens Door - Need Help

While removing the front door cover of my wife’s 2001 1.8T A4 the small aluminum hook to the interior door handle broke. At first I didn’t think it was a big deal. By bending some metal I was able to reconnect the door handle to the door lock wire. But the problem is that no matter how hard I pull on the door lock wire it will not open the door. The wire still has a spring tension on it and doesn’t feel broken. Does anyone know why I can’t open the door when I pull on the wire? I haven’t found any similar post by searching. Thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Front Door Handel Wire No Longer Opens Door - Need Help

K, why were you taking off the door panel anyway?
Take the panel back off but leave the cable hooked up the handle and operate the handle and see whats binding. Im gussing you got the cable in the wrong slot and its keeping you from pulling the cable.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 PM
ERP
Default RE: Front Door Handel Wire No Longer Opens Door - Need Help

I took the door panel off to replace the window guide, the window was sticking down. I also sanded and painted the door pulls because that rubber coating was coming off. I will take the door panel off and try to fix it again, it’s weird though because the cable does not feel broken or stuck. I was just wondering if anyone else had dealt with the same problem.