Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a p0411 clear on its own after a repair or do I have to manually clear it?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by copper07
I will give it a try to see if one on those valves is bad. I really want to get rid of the p0411.
Did you find the solution yet?

I have had the same issue; I cleared the cell and two days later it came back. I read somewhere that the coolant temp sensor could be the fault. I looked it up online and the OEM sensor costs about $25 and the diy is very easy. I'm about to order the part now and will update if it solves the issue; don't forget to update us as well.

Last edited by greatlakes40; 03-02-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by greatlakes40

I have had the same issue; I cleared the cell and two days later it came back. I read somewhere that the coolant temp sensor could be the fault. I looked it up online and the OEM sensor costs about $25 and the diy is very easy. I'm about to order the part now and will update if it solves the issue; don't forget to update us as well.
No I still have not found the fix yet. It is very frustrating. Let me know if swapping the coolant temp sensor fixes it? Do you have a picture of where that sensor is located, then I could check and see what that looks like on my car?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear

I just noticed you had this thread going too, Copper.

Did you replace the pump because it had stopped working and you confirmed that it had stopped working?

If the pump goes for a while without working (I let mine go a year... yes, a year!) without working until it was time for inspection. That allowed my passenger side combi valve to seize, producing similar issues like you are seeing.

I'm not saying it's a sure thing that you're seeing the same issue, but certainly worth thinking about if your pump wasn't working for some time.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
I just noticed you had this thread going too, Copper.

Did you replace the pump because it had stopped working and you confirmed that it had stopped working?

If the pump goes for a while without working (I let mine go a year... yes, a year!) without working until it was time for inspection. That allowed my passenger side combi valve to seize, producing similar issues like you are seeing.

I'm not saying it's a sure thing that you're seeing the same issue, but certainly worth thinking about if your pump wasn't working for some time.
The pump was still working when I replaced it, but I was told by a shop that the housing on the pump had failed and that was the reason for the p0411. I swapped out the plump reset the code. It was gone for a few days but returned. Now I'm back on the hunt to resolve the issue. I will definitely check the combi valve to see if that is the issue.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

I replaced the temp sensor; reset the CEL and a day later it came back. I will take it my one of my mechanics to see if he can find the cure. I will update soon.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

I replaced the temp sensor; reset the CEL and a day later it came back. I will take it my one of my mechanics to see if he can find the cure. I will update soon.
This cursed code. I hope the solution does not end up costing a bunch to fix.