Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the Transmission throw codes?? Sputter issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Will the Transmission throw codes?? Sputter issue

So I purchased this 05 3.2q a6 in florida 60 miles, i live in ohio so i drove it home. Not a problem. Drove it for about a week not a problem. Now I am getting like a sputter/hesitation at low rpm, most the time from a roll.

for instance if the car is rolling with my foot off the gas, and i go to press the accelerator ever so slightly the tac starts to bounce and the car feels like it is going over a bunch of bumps. However if the car is at a roll and i lay into the accellerator hard, its not a problem. Seem to me like a fuel delivery problem or firing problem. I changed the plugs, and the coils already at the recall done.

I took it to a local audi/porsche mechanic, good guy and is a personal friend. he ran the diagnostics and it did not throw a single code. There also has been no CEL.

Im starting to wonder if maybe its the transmission? I am new to audis, and it seems like these cars have so many sensors, that if there was some sort of fault by the motor, it would throw a code. It is my understanding that these have lifetime fluids? (not sure how much of that i buy) The transmission doesnt have any drips, but i think it may have a sort of "seap" around it. Like not an active drip. I didnt look real hard (just slid under there with some time between work)

I do not want to change the fluid, but maybe interested in making sure it is topped off. And on one last note the problem does not seem to be too bad upon initial start up. Though the more the car is driven the worse it seems to get. Also when it is at rest at idle i feel a little vibration in my seat but the tac appears normal (i think i might just be paranoid about the idle).

So if anyone has any suggestions at all it would be greatly appreciated.

I know these things dont have MAFs but I am considering changing that pressure sensor just for the hell of it. Though i feel if it was faulty, it would throw a code.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
2nd Gear

Might also be a TPS or a coolant temp sensor. Could be a cat starting to clog (Ugh!).

Good luck,

Bob

Old 09-27-2011, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

Thanks bob for the reply. Could you elaborate on those a little. What is a tps? And is there a way to test the coolant sensor? And what's a cat? Thanks again. Sorry for the newbie questions. I'm not familiar with all the acronyms yet.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 AM
2nd Gear

I responded to your question in AW with a link to a TSB library and a reference to a particular TSB.