Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:00 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy won't start

hey guys.

the other day i went to the store and when i came out and try to start the car it would not catch and start. it does sound like it is spinging from starter and therewas a good battery untill i cranked it so many time it stop turning over. the next day i pulled plugs and was ony gettings spark from 4 and 5 plugs. i ended digging some more online and ended checking cam sensors the rear driver side was cracked so i chaned it, but when i went to check power and ground to sensor i get nothing out of he plugs hot and ground so i grounded the ohm meter and used th power side from the harness and got a reading. also when cranking over i do not see tiing belt or cam gears spining is this normal?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 AM
1st Gear

oh yeah its a 2.8 all wheel drive auto 2000 a6 it has 143xxx

Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
2nd Gear

If the engine is cranking then the belt and gears should be spinning.
If they aren't the belt is broken.

However the belt doesn't usually break sitting in a parking lot.

Inspect your belt by hand make sure it is in one piece and attached to the pulleys. If it is broken it will have slack in it.

If the belt is good, Check to see if your getting fuel you may have a faulty fuel pump. Check the fuel pump fuse as well.