Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

A7: Sport package?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 AM
1st Gear
Default A7: Sport package?

Need your advice. I'm *this* close to getting an A7, and inclined to get the sport package (19" probably, but open to 20") in part because I like and use the sport steering wheel and paddles. I am also considering the Stasis tuning package through the dealer -- what can I say, I'm gonna miss my A5!

The reviews suggest that the suspension can be rough, especially in the 20" tires. Anyone have experience with it in any size tires? For comparison, my A5 has the adjustable suspension version of drive select, and I find the stiffest suspension setting a touch jarring in that vehicle for everyday driving.

By the way: anyone agree with the reviews that the A7 steering lacks feel?

Thanks all!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by snarkhun
Need your advice. I'm *this* close to getting an A7, and inclined to get the sport package (19" probably, but open to 20") in part because I like and use the sport steering wheel and paddles. I am also considering the Stasis tuning package through the dealer -- what can I say, I'm gonna miss my A5!

The reviews suggest that the suspension can be rough, especially in the 20" tires. Anyone have experience with it in any size tires? For comparison, my A5 has the adjustable suspension version of drive select, and I find the stiffest suspension setting a touch jarring in that vehicle for everyday driving.

Thanks all!
I have an 2012 A7 Prestige with the 19" Sport option. I prefer the looks of the 19" wheels. Also have a 2010 S5 convertible with 19". The A7 suspension (in "auto") is very accommodating, not nearly as stiff as the S5. The A7 steering is much lighter than the S5 but I do not find it objectionable. I am very, very impressed with the A7, which is my 3rd Audi.

BS
2010 S5 Cab
2012 A7 Prestige

Old 11-01-2011, 03:33 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Simply put, A7 is awesome. I have a 3.0 TDI with 20" alloys and Adaptive Air Suspension. The auto mode on Drive Select is more than adequate but I tend to use comfort mode mostly as I drive long distances on straight roads. The dynamic mode settings are firm enough and not too harsh despite the 20s. I like the 'individual' setting on Drive Select which you could customise, hence gives even more control of the drive. All in all, if you do go for a 19 or 20 and prefer a relatively smoother ride (atleast sometimes), Air Suspension is a must, I feel. I test drove some A7s with 18" alloys with sport suspension and felt they were too firm for my taste.
Like the dealer said " you can get away with having 20s if you had air suspension"
My 2 cents.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by snarkhun

Thanks all!
I'd say the sport package is worth it, but get the 19" one and not the 20's. I'm getting that package and then buying some OZ Ultraleggara wheels instead, as the 19's have more sidewall and better overall handling/noise imho.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:45 AM
HRH
1st Gear

I have the 19" on my A7. If you wash your own car you do not want to buy the 20" wheels. You're going have a nightmare trying to wash away all that brake dust.