Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

2004 A8L Phone System Activation/Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
1st Gear
Default 2004 A8L Phone System Activation/Bluetooth

Ok so there was this guy that posted on here a long time ago that he clained to have the bluetooth module that would work with the v60 cradle in the 2004 model. I paid him never got anything until 3 months or so ago but at that time I did not have my car because I was in a hit and run. I got it back today but in the meantine they also had to replace the MMI system in my car under warranty for some reason. So I plug it in my phone sees it and I can connect but now my issue is that the car says that it needs to be serviced by the dealer to be activated. I was at a dealer that I normally don't go to and they said there is nothing they can do that normally when you put your phone in that works with the car that screen just goes away and it is really nothing that they must actually activate. Does anyone know if that is true or not. The tech was a younger guy not that, that means anything as I am too but I don;t think that was the screen it said before they replaced the MMI system but really cannot remember.

If anyone knows anything about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Anthony

Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Default V60 bluetooth module

I got one too... doesn't work. My bluetooth phone sees the module and will connect to it; but the car insists that there is no phone installed. The local A8 tech does not know what is wrong. Suggested I yank out OnStar, and upgrade to late-05 factory Bluetooth for about $1000.

I got a parrot MK6100 (<$200), it lives in the ashtray, uses my phone's address book for call by name, and will access the phone's dial by number capability.