Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Advanced Key Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Default Advanced Key Issues

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and actaully new to Audi's as well. I just recently purchased a 2005 Audi A8L D3 and I am having some issues with my advanced key functions. I am sure that it has probably been gone over someowhere else in the forum, but I cannot find it. The first three or four days that I had the car the Advanced Key functions for unlocking the doors and trunk when I approach it were working fine. Once I was in the car it would start with the push button start just fine as well. There was a problem with the MMI control console when I bought the car and the deal was that I would bring it back to the dealer and they would replace the unit. That was replaced a few days ago, but since then I have been unable to unlock the doors with the Advanced Key feature, nor will the door handle buttons work to lock the vehicle. The trunk still opens fine with the key in my pocket and the car still starts with the push button start. Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Site Moderator

Needs to be looked at by the dealer, its going to have diagnostic fault codes in the comfort control module.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 AM

I do not mean to sound rude or anything, but isn't there anything that I can try to do before taking it to the dealer? I was kind of hoping by coming to this site that someone might be able to give me a few things to try and "reboot the system" if you will so that I can get this thing working right again. I am sure it is not the sensors, it is something with the settings or a malfuntion that by resetting in some way should resolve the issue. Anyone else have any further insight on this?

Thank you.