Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

car died and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:14 AM
1st Gear
Default car died and won't start

Alright, i have a 97 a8 and something is screwy. For the past few days my cd player has been turning off randomly and would turn back on after about three or so seconds, it was annoying but I didn't think anything of it. Well today, it seemed to be doing it more than usual and it was getting really irritating but again i figured the cd player was to blame. Then for no reason when I turned off a road I was on, the car just died, I was so confused as to what had happened but I just started it back up and took off. Well fast forward about 5 hours later, I was driving back home again and the car just died while going down the road. It was strange though, the car was just acting like it was out of gas. So I turned off the road and think I'll just start it up again, but no, it doesn't, it cranks but doesn't start. It's acting really weird though with the electronics; the cd player doesn't work, the power locks, seats, interior lights, and various other electronics inside won't work; but the car will crank and the headlights and dashlights work. The car is acting like the battery is dead but it obviously isn't, what else could there be? The CEL isn't on and there is plenty of gas because I just put some in today so I just don't know. Maybe fuses or something? I'm somewhat mechanical inclined but have no clue as to why this is happening. Please help, thanks.