Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Corrosion Warranty??/ HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Corrosion Warranty??/ HELP!!!

About a year ago I noticed pea sized corrosion bubbles popping up along the passenger side drainage channel on my 2000 A6 wagon. There are about six spots now. I went through Clair Audi in westwood,ma and had an Audi rep look at it as I think it should be covered under their corrosion warranty.... worst Audi customer service experience EVER!!! So after half a dozen of letters and hours of phone calls with Audi service department, I feel like giving up. According to Audi, corrosion will only be covered if it progresses form the inside out. Then they were trying to tell me that I might have been in an accident which was then improperly repaired... That’s not the case and.. how bad can an accident be that damage is being done to the roof panel without any other signs on more obvious body panels??? I used to work in aviation and am rather familiar with corrosion think that this is caused by improper zinc coating or surface preparation. I went to a local adjuster and body shop owner, he said the same thing and even measured the paint thickness and pretty much excluded a possible prior repair.

So what can I do???

Does anyone have any experience with the Audi corrosion warranty?? I'm so wicked mad. I love Audis and held them always in the highest... but this is so off.

The Audi rep took a mere two seconds to look at it... didn't even measure gap or paint thickness... as per Audi they don't even want to reinspect it.

Any input is highly appreciated!!!

Mike

Old 04-14-2007, 11:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Corrosion Warranty??/ HELP!!!

sorry for the dilemma but you arent gonna get any info from us A8 people (read: all aluminum) for a corrosion problem on an A6.