Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

custom exhaust

Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 AM
1st Gear
Lightbulb custom exhaust

hello guys. question, iam looking for performance race exhaust system for the a8L (long wheel base). ive been looking all over the internet and all i could find was custom exhaust for the a8 swb(short wheel base). i really wanted the milltek exhaust but they dont make em for the Long wheel base. i also checked out mtm exhaust but they too dont have my set up. Do they actually make an custom exhaust system for the a8l and if they do, please let me know who. do anyone here have an custom exhaust set up on there a8L's. thanks guys.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

Not sure if this is what you want, but you could call 'em if you'd like.

http://www.lltek.com/hofele_audi_a8_d3_rs_eight.htm

Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 AM
1st Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by hssyed
Not sure if this is what you want, but you could call 'em if you'd like.

http://www.lltek.com/hofele_audi_a8_d3_rs_eight.htm
thanks for the reply. i will check it out.
do you know if their exhaust system is good or not. iam looking for race performance, loud and proud. lol but thanks for the info

Old 10-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Site Moderator

If you want race performance just have the exhaust shop custom make you one. If you want "loud" any kit sold on the internet won't be it. Get 3" pipe all the way back through two magnaflow mufflers (one on each bank) and have him weld you in some custom tips. Should run you around $1,000 if you do it this way and it will be much louder than that of a dual muffler set up off the net. The miltek exhaust is pretty quiet.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a luxury car? As your sitting comfortably going fast or not enjoying the nice interior and the small interior wind noise why spoil that with a loud exaust. These only belong on muscle cars, definitely not annoying kids with cobalts. Just don't understand why a loud exaust. My opinion only, maybe it increases performance but I doubt it.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brozee
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a luxury car? As your sitting comfortably going fast or not enjoying the nice interior and the small interior wind noise why spoil that with a loud exaust. These only belong on muscle cars, definitely not annoying kids with cobalts. Just don't understand why a loud exaust. My opinion only, maybe it increases performance but I doubt it.
you misunderstood my request. i dont want my exhaust in any way loud like a muscle car( horrible sound if you ask me). i want it loud enough so when i step on the pedal, you hear that 4.2 v8 engine purrrrrrrrrrrr. tats all. its too quiet for me the way it is and i have converted the car to an s8 body so it now looks very sporty and i just want to add great custom exhaust. i love the purpose of its luxury features and the cars interior as well as its exterior is completely stock. all i want is a little exhaust music . thats it but thanks for your opinion.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Ahh i see, yeah now i understand what your gunning for. I agree in that respect as well