Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

E/BRAKE LIGHT

Old 04-05-2008, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default E/BRAKE LIGHT

Hi guys, i need so advice on a problem that i got , after parking the A8 2004 for the winter , i have the e/brake light on, but after applying the brake and pulling up the switch for the emergency brake , a couple of times the light goes out.....any suggestions.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Default RE: E/BRAKE LIGHT

The e-brake cables (or the e-brake portion of your rear brakes) may be binding up, since the car sat for so long. You might try pulling the wheels off and spraying down everything with brake cleaner. On the A8 I am not sure if the e-brake is built into the caliper assembly, or if the rear brakes are a combination disc/drum (disc for driving, with a drum e-brake). If it's the former, you may be able to take care of it by giving the whole caliper/brake assembly a bath with brake cleaner, and maybe trying to lube the e-brake cables. If it's a drum e-brake, you could pull the rotor and see about freeing up any seized components inside. Note though, that if you're going to park it for extended time periods, you may be better off not using the e-brake, so that it doesn't seize up on you like that. Of course, you run the risk of it seizing up in the released position as well, but in any event, as you drive the car more, it may clear itself up through usage.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: E/BRAKE LIGHT

Thanks ,but the problem was a bad caliper, it was under warranty so the dealer will replace it.....i asked to get both replaced but will see ..thanks anyway.