Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

LED DRL on a 2005 A8L?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Here's what I did for LED DRL

My 04 A8L with 06 S6 LED DRL's. No codes, no issues. LED's and all maintenance by Danny at Elite Motors (773) 588 9622 (yes, he's an AWESOME indy mechanic). The only thing I recall being troublesome is that Audi placed the air suspension compressor or level sensor or something to do w/ the car's levelling system right there and we had to cut the LED's plastic and reseal with the sealant used on windshield installations. Again there are more knowledgable tech oriented folks in this forum that can explain better.

See attachment below for a pic from moments ago (sorry, snowed this morning, car is very salty at the moment).

Regarding your final comment, I *think* (could be very wrong) but I read somewhere Audi dealers were not selling Q7 LEDs w/out a VIN. Other members more knowledgable than yours truly may be able to elaborate.

One of my best friends is a Mercedes service advisor. Until the recent addition of LED's on the S-class in 2010, Mercs didn't have LED's at all so the dealership's employees used to complement me on my car regularly. In fact, many inquired as to whether my car was an '09 or '10...that was amusing

Regards,
Hasan

Originally Posted by smokar
Just got my first Audi, 2005 A8L and it's great so far. I was thinking of adding some LED strip lights along the bottom of the grille. I did some looking around and many people are saying that it looks like cheap s..t, unless you get OEM or HELLA. I found something that I think would look great, either LEDayLine or LEDayFlex by HELLA on www.daytime-running-light.com what do you guys think?

Did anyone actually try to retrofit them for an A8? Will it throw fault codes? Does anyone here know if I can install the OEM led strips from new Q7 on my A8?

Attached Thumbnails LED DRL on a 2005 A8L?-img_0616.jpg