Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

A pilar leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear
Default A pilar leak

it was a relief day hear in the northeast, and when i noticed it,i believe i wash it the day before. i have wash it twice after with no wetness around so i gather the drains for the sunroof were stillfrozen.this happens to all things i love. does anyone out there cleaned the stains off or something with success?please keep the non tested ideas away cause i wont experiment. thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: A pilar leak

If you have water stains on the A pillar the problem is where the drain connect to the sunroof track. You have to remove the handle on the headliner and try and pull down the headliner enough to see the drain. Pull off the drain from the sunroof track and use a small pick tool to remove the rubber piece at the end of the hose, (it should look white) After removing the rubber end piece you should go to the auto parts store and find a type of silicone that is water proof, once you have it coat the rubber end piece with it on the inside and put it back onto the end of the drain hose. Let it dry over night then re-connect it back onto the sunroof track. Fixes it everytime.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

i wish i knew what you wheretalking about. i blew out and tested the front drains. there theones near theA pillars. i suspectthere are rear one's to **** me off. it seams to leak when the nose of the car is up when its parked in the rain.i reed somewhere that blowing it backwards may work, who knows. tell me again what to do?

Old 03-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Site Moderator

??? Blowing it backwards? Where the hell... never mind, yes there are a total of four drains in the car all of which are a pain in the *** to replace(about the worse thing you can imagine.) So you lowered down the headliner and tried the silicone trick? If that didn't work open the sunroof and look from the top and you should be able to see two holes on each side of the car which is the entrance to the drains, try using compressed air to blow out any crap that might be in there if you already haven't performed the silicone trick. Actually do both, but do the compressed air part first before repairing the drain then i'm positive you shouldn't have any problems. There is no way the rear drains can have an effect on the front A pillars.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
1st Gear

what i dont understand is why the pillars have stains at the base near the dash board, then stains near the top but no stains at all on the headliner. what your saying to me is that black plastic or rubber entrance to the two drains i can see are leaking. and somehow the water creeps along to the pillar and what i described earlier. maybe its the windshield or maybe i'll drive through the showroom window and flatten that miserable arrogant sales manager, then i could put it all onto my insurance claim with a satisfying belly full of revenge!

Old 03-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Site Moderator

Well if you suspect the windshield i learned an old auto body trick by using a spray type glass cleaner that foams up on the crack of the windshild on the outside, then used compressed air from the inside along the edges and see if you can see it blowing the glass cleaner from the outside. I found a couple of bad windshields that way, it worth a shot and doesn't cost you much.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

thats a good one i'll try it thanks!