Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Please....I really need some advice about my A8

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Please....I really need some advice about my A8

Hi everyone, I have a 2003 Audi A8 with 68k miles on it. Long story short, i had a fender bender 4 years ago, and i took the front end apart including the radiator because it was damaged. So since 4 years ago, I did start the car just very briefly 2 years ago, and now its been 2 years that it hasn't been started and has been sitting in my garage with no radiator, same engine oil, same gas, and all other fluids. Now i heard from family and friends that i could possibly have bad seals in my engine from them drying out and "possibly" it could start eating oil in the future. Now, what can someone suggest that i do with it right now? Because over the years I bought part to part to get it fixed (not bad damage, just a fender bender, but extremely expensive parts) and now that i have everything i want to start fixing it but, what should i do with my old gas, old oil?? How should i start it without damaging anything. I love this car and especially it having low miles (68k miles) for 2003, but just shitless scared about what could possibly go wrong later. Please any advice from any person expert or not would be appreciated. And obviously im asking this because i want to avoid rebuilding an engine with low mileage.

Thank you

Old 02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
1st Gear

Bump.......

Old 02-03-2012, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

Anyone?? Any advice?

Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 03audia8
Hi everyone, I have a 2003 Audi A8 with 68k miles on it. Long story short, i had a fender bender 4 years ago, and i took the front end apart including the radiator because it was damaged. So since 4 years ago, I did start the car just very briefly 2 years ago, and now its been 2 years that it hasn't been started and has been sitting in my garage with no radiator, same engine oil, same gas, and all other fluids. Now i heard from family and friends that i could possibly have bad seals in my engine from them drying out and "possibly" it could start eating oil in the future. Now, what can someone suggest that i do with it right now? Because over the years I bought part to part to get it fixed (not bad damage, just a fender bender, but extremely expensive parts) and now that i have everything i want to start fixing it but, what should i do with my old gas, old oil?? How should i start it without damaging anything. I love this car and especially it having low miles (68k miles) for 2003, but just shitless scared about what could possibly go wrong later. Please any advice from any person expert or not would be appreciated. And obviously im asking this because i want to avoid rebuilding an engine with low mileage.

Thank you
you could start by changing the oil. you might want to pull off the valve cover and pour some oil on it to give it some lube.

maybe pull off the oil pan and cleaning it from the old oil.

also when you change the oil, use a low viscosity oil. possibly a 0 weight so it will be thin enough to reach the top quickly. mobile 1 0w-40 cant go wrong with that. also its on sale at autozone 5 quarts for 34 dollars+ free m1 oil filter.

the old gas thing. i bought a old ford taurus that was sitting in the garage for years. the gas was old but oil was good. the car had a very strong gas odor to it but a mechanic told me it would go away after the old fuel burns off and fresh is put into it. and well, it worked. after a couple hundred miles the car was good to go.

Last edited by budhani786; 02-04-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Ok thank you for the advice, Ill do the oil change and go from there...I appreciate your time

Old 02-05-2012, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by budhani786
you could start by changing the oil. you might want to pull off the valve cover and pour some oil on it to give it some lube.

maybe pull off the oil pan and cleaning it from the old oil.

also when you change the oil, use a low viscosity oil. possibly a 0 weight so it will be thin enough to reach the top quickly. mobile 1 0w-40 cant go wrong with that. also its on sale at autozone 5 quarts for 34 dollars+ free m1 oil filter.

the old gas thing. i bought a old ford taurus that was sitting in the garage for years. the gas was old but oil was good. the car had a very strong gas odor to it but a mechanic told me it would go away after the old fuel burns off and fresh is put into it. and well, it worked. after a couple hundred miles the car was good to go.
Do no agree, with a car that has been sitting that long drain the gas tank and put good fuel back in it. I'm dealing with a bad gas issue of a car that has been sitting for a few years. One less headache if you do it now rather then having a no start isssue.