Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

seat controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:49 PM
1st Gear
Default seat controls

Recently bought a 2005 A8 and love the seat positioning. The thigh extender works on the driver side but not the passenger side. Everything else works.

Although it seems ok, on the driver side when I press the horizontal bar down in the back, it does not go down. Instead the seat moves rearward as if i pushed the horizontal bar backwards. Maybe this is normal.

For the thigh extender on the pass side or perhaps the up/down movement on the driver, is this likely a malfunction in the switch or is it in the controller? If it is in the controller, is this something I need a VAG Com to program? I recently bought a Wifi thing and downloaded Carista on my smart phone. Haven't tried it out and not sure whether something like programming the seat controller is possible with this smart phone app.

There are some switches on ebay that I can get cheap enough so i'm thinking that might be a quick first step. I know there are also a bunch of different configuration with and without the thigh extender / upper back adjustment, and of course the button for the massage. Mine doesn't have the button for massage which I think also came with the seat (fart) ventilator. Oh yeah, then there are a million colors also but hopefully the switch buttons can be swapped from old unit.

I'm thinking the switches are just electrical and hopefully don't require a VAG Com to program, etc.

Any thoughts?