Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

09 Q7 Cooling Fans Don't Work

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 PM
1st Gear
Default 09 Q7 Cooling Fans Don't Work

Car runs temp right in the middle, except when stuck in traffic or leaving idling long. No codes come up on the Vag Com, and when I check it when it gets real hot idling or in traffic, I can physically see fans not working. Can anyone tell me where the fan relay is and the coolant sensor that turns the fans on and off are, so hopefully I can narrow this down. Has anyone heard of this ?

Old 05-11-2014, 08:47 AM
1st Gear

Anyone have an idea where the relays are on the Q7. The owners manual shows only fuses, snd there are a crap load of them. I looked under the hood, saw none yet. Hopefully someone can give me a better idea or I'll dig more. Also maybe the service manual ?

Old 05-17-2014, 12:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Due to Auxiliary fan failiar

Hi
3 weeks back I had the same case found the aux fan stuck(right side) not rotating and once the ac on found heat goes up over the middle. Repair shop guy
Nock on the fan with heavy metal and fan started rotating ok . Few days noisy sound came out from the fan .today 16 may I am changing the fan
Hope this will help you
Regards
J Jaarah

Last edited by jjaarah; 05-17-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: not completed
Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

We found it was the small 5 amp fuse under the hood. Located on drivers side under cowl in plastic fuse box, you have to unbolt the cover and there's a crap load of fuses in there, there are no markings telling what fuse is what, not even in the owners manual, and the owners manual don't even tell you there is a fuse box under the hood, just abt. the interior ones. So we got the list of fuses from the repair manual we dowloaded off ebay for like 20 bucks. There are 2 bigger fuses for the fans in there but they were good. Mind you when we bought this car it had light front end damage, and both fans were jammed against the housing and not working so I guess when they were abrubtly stopped from the collision, they threw the fuse. I just installed a used radiator support assembly with fans, radiator etc. and assumed it would just work, when they didn't I never assumed it would be such a small fuse, figured relay at least, but the problem was finding them. So the moral of the story is get a cheapo 20 buck online repair manual because the owners manual don't tell you **** !