Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Which 2017 Q7 Trim Package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 08:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Which 2017 Q7 Trim Package?

I'm trying to decide on a new 2017 Q7 but not sure about the trim package. What I want is 3.0 TFSI, 20' wheels, and the Bose sound system. It looks like
I have to go to the "Premium Plus" trim in order to get the Bose as an option. However, the PP trim is $4500 more since it comes with the Nav which I don't need (I'm perfectly happy with Waze on my iphone). Then the Bose sound system is another $1100. Do I really want Premium Plus? I'm thinking I'm better off saving the $5600 and getting the lower cost "Premium" trim and going after-market for the sound system. Would like to hear others thoughts. Thanks.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:41 AM
1st Gear

I bought a 2017 Prestige with w/Towing Package, Driver Assistance Pkg with Bose sound system. The Bose sound system is pretty good. With aftermarket, you can get anything you want, but a good system won't be cheap and it seems to me an aftermarket system always creates more complications and of course, where do you put amplifiers, etc. The factory system is completely integrated with the vehicle and display screen for adjustments, tuning, song selection, displaying current song/artist/source/track, switching between Sirius, FM, Bluetooth, Apple carplay, etc. So the integrated factory option seems the best choice to me.

By the way, the nav system is awesome, especially if you pay for the google earth subscription. You can voice search for any destination by saying "google search", and the satellite graphics are incredible. It tells you how many minutes of delays are on your selected route and in real time will pop up a recommended alternate route if the delays are really bad. Way more cool than fumbling with your phone and waze. And the optional Virtual Cockpit display is amazing with multiple selectable screens. I know you didn't ask about that. Anyway, I have zero regrets on spending the extra money for these options - they are really great.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

Thank you very much for the reply. Very helpful!

Old 07-15-2017, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

The 2018 Q7 Premium Plus now comes with the Bose System as part of the trim package.

Here is the difference between Premium and Premium Plus for the 2018 models:

Everything on Premium and:
3D Bose Surround Sound System
MMIŽ Navigation plus with voice control system3
Audi side assist with Audi pre senseŽ rear (includes rear cross traffic assist and vehicle exist assist)1
LED interior lighting package
Electric tilt/telescoping steering column

Last edited by Ken Rogers; 07-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.