Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

!HELP! 2008 Q7 suddenly won't start. Key stuck...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default !HELP! 2008 Q7 suddenly won't start. Key stuck...

Hi there,

A very strange thing happened to me today. I drove to the car wash, the car has been washed from the outside and before driving to the polishing section, it just wouldn't start. I literally left it just the way it was, listening to music and all, just switched off the engine. The Start/Stop engine wouldn't work. I thought maybe using the manual ignition would do the trick, but to no avail, after turning the key in the ignition nothing would happen, not even clicking. Furthermore pushing any of the buttons on the fob results in the let flashing rapidly, so tried putting in a fresh one, but to no avail. I am able to manually lock and unlock the vehicle by turning the key in the lock though. Also, I left the vehicle in "Park" gear but for some reason the dash would keep informing me that I need to put it into "Park" to prevent it from rolling. No warning lights on the dash, the main battery seems to be alright and I'm absolutely clueless on what happened... Please, anyone who dealt with a similiar issue, let me know what could that be... Any help appreciated as I'm about to get the quote from the mechanic for fixing it and I would love to have an idea of what could that be. Thanks!

Old 12-04-2014, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

Do you have the panoramic sun roof? Do a search on plugged drain tubes, etc. Perhaps water got in where it shouldn't have?

Old 08-31-2022, 01:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by iobotic
Hi there,

A very strange thing happened to me today. I drove to the car wash, the car has been washed from the outside and before driving to the polishing section, it just wouldn't start. I literally left it just the way it was, listening to music and all, just switched off the engine. The Start/Stop engine wouldn't work. I thought maybe using the manual ignition would do the trick, but to no avail, after turning the key in the ignition nothing would happen, not even clicking. Furthermore pushing any of the buttons on the fob results in the let flashing rapidly, so tried putting in a fresh one, but to no avail. I am able to manually lock and unlock the vehicle by turning the key in the lock though. Also, I left the vehicle in "Park" gear but for some reason the dash would keep informing me that I need to put it into "Park" to prevent it from rolling. No warning lights on the dash, the main battery seems to be alright and I'm absolutely clueless on what happened... Please, anyone who dealt with a similiar issue, let me know what could that be... Any help appreciated as I'm about to get the quote from the mechanic for fixing it and I would love to have an idea of what could that be. Thanks!
hello did you ever find the issue you were having ????