Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Q7 3.0TDI 2008 S-Line Keyless start issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 05:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Q7 3.0TDI 2008 S-Line Keyless start issue

Hi guys

I recently bought my 2008 Q7 3.0TDI s-line. It came with Keyless entry and start, however, neither seem to work. I spoke to my dealer/seller and I've been told that even though the buttons are in the car it doesn't have those functions. Quite frankly I don't believe them, I've looked around at others and if they don't have it they don't have the buttons either. My guess is there is a problem with it. I've replaced my key fob battery with a new one but made no odds.

I called into Audi today and asked the question. I was told by a sales man that he couldn't bring up my spec due to the age of my car. He said that keyless start didn't come to the q7 until 2011 however, they put the buttons in. I didn't bother to argue with him, i know that's not the case as i test drove 2 cars prior to mine that each had it and they were older than mine. Now another thing just occurred to me, 2 days after i bought my car i managed to lock the keys in it (long story) a lock smith came out and let me in. in a conversation with him i asked could the plastic key start my car, he informed me that it could as it has a chip in it, however, when he tried it it didn't, he put the key in a reader and said yes it definitely should start it. He said my car must of had a new set of keys at some point.

I am now thinking perhaps that's the problem, is anyone on here any knowledge regarding keys, programming, and keyless start?

Cheers

Rigy