Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:25 AM
1st Gear

Hi, I mean, new this is the extra name which you have to order if you would want to use carplay or android auto. And yes, you got it right, only orders placed after 15.08.2015 would have the possibility to order the smartphone interface.

The SOS service would call your emergency service automatically in case of emergency, the button would be visible to the side, there where you can open the panorama glass. Also, there you would see another button for Audi service where the car would send all the information needed about your car (parts, etc..) to your Audi service with a single button push (see the manual for pics). All these, don't exist for all the Q7s which were ordered before the 15.08.2015.

So, for us it doesn't look good at all. No carplay / android auto possible. Also no SOS and Automatic Audi service config possible. Which would mean, the code which we have got is unusable and for nothing... Audi said t o me sorry for the mess :-(

Last edited by LMQ7; 08-25-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:23 PM
1st Gear
Default CarPlay or Android Car

Hi,
I'm still waiting for a formal answer from the representative here in Portugal. Any news from anyone?

Last edited by girba; 09-02-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:07 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy

All,

I am in the UK and have just collected my brand new Q7 in white. I can confirm that I have no SOS or Audi Service button at the top of the roof where I would expect and I too cannot get Car Play or Android working.

So it looks like we are bit a stuck here?. Are we 100% confirmed now we cannot get a SW update to bring Car Play??

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Andy J

Old 11-09-2015, 01:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Another forum with the same issue

Hello

Here is a link to another forum with angry customers....
Audi really let us down on this and I don't whey they don't offer a retrofit. Here is my post from the other forum :

Same issue for me. At time of order (july) my dealer wasn't able to give me a correct answer and at the end he supposed that "audi smartphone interface" came standard with Audi Connect.... My Q7 arrived yesterday and off course it doesn't have the smartphone interface. I specifically asked at time of order that this option was mandatory for me to get !
I think Audi is misleading his customers (and the most loyal ones buy being early buyers) with false information. They started advertising this since CES Las Vegas in January 2015 !! and telling that the Q7 will be the first car to offer this feature.... .

I don't know how many of us are out there but maybe starting a petition could put pressure on them !? and they will release a retrofit. that all I'm asking !!!

Old 11-10-2015, 04:42 AM
1st Gear

sorry I just realized I forgot to past the link !
Apple CarPlay

Old 12-21-2015, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

Hi,

I am in the UK, collected my new factory ordered Q7 on 12th Nov (order was placed in Sep first week ). At that time I was under the impression that CP/AA will come as standard or with Phone box/Audi Connect. I have even asked this with dealer before placing the order, but they seems not having much information and started telling me 'i think it should', 'i hope'. Anyway the order was placed. By mid October I noticed that, 'Smart Phone Interface' is added as an option (via an updated brochure 1.4, but was not available in online configurator until mid of Nov). I immediately spoke with Audi customer support and they confirmed that, I cant update my factory order any more as it is already in the production week. Also I cannot add this once the car is out from factory, what a shame.

Now I have the next trouble in getting the Audi car control services (only available in the new Q7 and A4) enabled via Audi Connect (like lock/unlock, stat report, auxiliary heating control etc). Unable to find the 'Audi Connect User Administration' menu option in 'Audi Connect'.
Spoke with customer service, they confirmed that my 'myAudi' user is still treated as 'Guest' account not made as 'Primary Key User' even after the user verification process via myAudi web site. Other than this information Audi UK customer support was not helpful at all and just wasted my two weeks time. Now dealing with the dealer, even they are not having any clue ....one week with dealer now. Tomorrow going to dealer again, some other expert is going to have a look. I do not have much hope.

In MMI connect app login as demo mode, then select the Q7, you will see the red tabs which are for car control services, but not getting these options when I login with my actual 'myAudi' account. I suspect this is because I still not completed the user verification process by entering the pin number and vehicle code as explained in Owners manual (page# 233).

Did any one get these control services working in their (A4 or Q7), please update..... ?

Old 12-26-2015, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

If you manage to get the extra audi connect services working please let me know how.

I'm also in the UK and have none of the extra features as shown in the demo even after doing the verification and entering of the mtan code and setting a pin.

Getting quite annoying.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Smartphone option for Q7

Ordered a new Q7 with pretty well all the options end of November. Thought the technology pack had the smartphone option as it hadn't been listed previously on the configurator and the dealer made no mention of the upgraded option which apparently had only just been introduced. Can't now change the order some four weeks later as its into the production build, (even though its Christmas/New Year...is the factory really open at this period??)

I am absolutely disgusted with Audi. They have relentlessly advertised compatibility with smartphones and how technologically advanced this car is mean't to be. Last year bought my wife a new S3. I have had 4 Audi's and consider myself a loyal customer. Clearly Audi couldn't give a damn about loyal customers. Only interested in new emerging markets, cheating emissions and tricking customers into buying products that aren't as technologically advanced as they suggest. As I've signed the contract, no way out of the purchase now. How I wish I'd bought a Volvo XC90, with their straight forward no frills configurator.

So very disappointed and angry at Audi. Why spend all this money on PR when they are systematically destroying their loyal customer base with lies and mis information?? Never will I buy another Audi again. I'll be looking to sell when I find a brand that cares about their customers and looks after them, perhaps Lexus or Tesla. We'll see. Mercedes have similar contempt for their customers,(had seven in a row until very bad dealer experiences put me off the brand), so I assume it's a German thing to behave so arrogantly towards their customers.

The least Audi could do is offer a retro upgrade on the smartphone option. Very happy to pay for the option which even now is hidden within the configurator. Should be included in the technology pack. Blindingly obvious even to a half wit. Who are Audi employing within the marketing department?? and why don't they tell their dealers of this hidden option and stop pissing off their customers???

Old 01-02-2016, 05:35 AM
Mao
1st Gear
Thumbs down Audi Connect Services and Apple Carplay in Q7 2016

It has all been said and it is true... I can confirm only a fraction of Audi connect services work. The rest like Carplay or Car management functions or Emergency functions or even remote independent heating via mobile app - no chance!

The problem with this is, that customers paid full price for something that does not exist. Also, the decision to choose among these expensive premium SUVs is often about these small details. I chose AQ7 because I've been lead to believe Audi's modern online safety and added value services work and they work much better and advanced than those in for example Range Rover Sport or Volvo XC90...

I have contacted Inglostadt and local importer and they confirmed it does not work - and it will not work. Not for 2015 Q7s at all. Their Central Units are manufactured without functions which allow access to sensitive information in the car.

No agreement from myAudi.com will help you and no PIN. I have tried it all numerous times. The functions are completely missing from MMI interface.

Audi is misusing their marketing and not telling authorized sellers the whole truth at the trainings they have for every new car being introduced for markets... And they are letting customers pay full price for something that does not exist.

What a shame.

The question is what now... The only thing customers could do is filing formal group complaint or a petition and ask for compensation or fix.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:31 AM
1st Gear

if there is a petition or a formal group complain I will be more than happy to sign it !

Quick Reply: Q7 2016 Modell & Carplay or Android Car