Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Q7 Engine replacement after 5k miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Q7 V6 water damage, new engine

M_Swede mentioned that there is a potential problem with the Q7 sucking water into the intercooler. I took my Q7 through water at a depth of 445mm for about 10 seconds and the engine sucked in the water and is now a right off. New engine cost from Audi £10,000. But the official wading height is 535mm and the air intake is at 700mm. Has anyone else experienced, or heard of anything like this, particularly M_swede and what was the outcome with Audi. Currently debating whether this needs legal action against Audi or whether or not this was a one-off genuine accident.

Many thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:53 AM
1st Gear
Default There are some issues

First the water that can kill CASA V6 engines all models and mark is coming from when the air is cooled down in the inter cooler and then collect up in the hose at the back of engine, this hose is formed very bad so it's high in the ends and low in the middle this way makes the water to build up and you are playing with 15000 £ every day. Mine blow my first engine after 35000 km and the second engine at 220 000 km both total disaster for engine, converter and everything because it's it total. Low of the engine
The name for is wasser schlaug or wasser kasst

The intercooler sucks the water into engine and it blows and kill the engine
The amount of water after first reprogram of control unit for engine resulted in after 5000 km there where 7 dl of water build up again

Second engine the whole hose was full of water the amont is ca 1 liters I have pictures

The re program after first engine change did not fix it and second reprogram after second engine change and change of hose did note solve it

As a Customer of the best S-line spitzen klasse auto I have now paid over 150 000 skr of my own money the total cost is right now 575 000 skr for 2 engine and work and the problem is not solved

The water can not come from the outside I have preassure testet the inter cooler and it's working so water outside No way this is condency water that build up inside inter cooler
This is a very serious problem!!!!
Because you don't now when or why it's going to blow your engine

Originally Posted by donsheard
M_Swede mentioned that there is a potential problem with the Q7 sucking water into the intercooler. I took my Q7 through water at a depth of 445mm for about 10 seconds and the engine sucked in the water and is now a right off. New engine cost from Audi £10,000. But the official wading height is 535mm and the air intake is at 700mm. Has anyone else experienced, or heard of anything like this, particularly M_swede and what was the outcome with Audi. Currently debating whether this needs legal action against Audi or whether or not this was a one-off genuine accident.

Many thanks in advance.