Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Right side speakers and subwoofer doesn’t work.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:04 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Right side speakers and subwoofer doesn’t work.

I have a 2006 Q7 S-Line and drivers side ( right side since I’m in the Uk) doesn’t work and subwoofer. Idk if it’s the Bose Amp or the actual speakers themself. Or what could it be? I keep reading about replacing the amp, or connecting a fibre optic loop to bypass it? I don’t know what to do, if anyone else had this problem please get back to me.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 AM
1st Gear

Because both the right side and subwoofer are dead, I suspect the amp is not working. Don't know how expensive it would be, but replacing the amp would probably do the trick.
If you're a little handy and want to investigate yourself: First thing is to determine if the speakers failed or the amp, or the speaker wiring is loose.
1) Fiddle with the speaker wire while the stereo is on (you won't get electrocuted) to see if the channel cuts in or out.
2) If nothing happens, next check the speaker. Disconnect the wire (both + and - leads) to the speaker, then put an ohm meter across the two terminals of the speaker. If you measure any resistance (roughly 6 ohms), chances are the speaker is okay. If the resistance is zero, the speaker is dead.
To check the amp, not sure if you can do this, but ideally you could switch the output wires from the left channel to the right channel. If the left channel speaker now doesn't work, then that channel of the amp is dead.

Old 03-21-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Snowbird22
Because both the right side and subwoofer are dead, I suspect the amp is not working. Don't know how expensive it would be, but replacing the amp would probably do the trick.
If you're a little handy and want to investigate yourself: First thing is to determine if the speakers failed or the amp, or the speaker wiring is loose.
1) Fiddle with the speaker wire while the stereo is on (you won't get electrocuted) to see if the channel cuts in or out.
2) If nothing happens, next check the speaker. Disconnect the wire (both + and - leads) to the speaker, then put an ohm meter across the two terminals of the speaker. If you measure any resistance (roughly 6 ohms), chances are the speaker is okay. If the resistance is zero, the speaker is dead.
To check the amp, not sure if you can do this, but ideally you could switch the output wires from the left channel to the right channel. If the left channel speaker now doesn't work, then that channel of the amp is dead.
hi I replaced my amplifier and the right side still no sound even car was reset at Audi dealer.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Same problem here right side and subw dead after amp replacement.

Originally Posted by agustincorrea2020
hi I replaced my amplifier and the right side still no sound even car was reset at Audi dealer.
hi there seen your post. Hoping you are having a good weekend so far. Going through the exact same issue right now. Do you happen to solve the issue on your car? Maybe you could be so kind to share what your solution ended up being? Thanks!