Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

2 Things are annoying me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
1st Gear
Default 2 Things are annoying me.

1) The "TT" face plate thing that covers the radio won't stay down. Any easy fix to that?

2) How do I turn off the air? I keep it on 1 bar so it's low, but I want to turn the thing off! Also, the thing jumps around.. I'm driving, thne all of a sudden, it's on a different tempature, and at a different velosity ("Auto" may have been on though)

:noob:

TIA!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: 2 Things are annoying me.

to turn off the air youpull the *** on the left...

as for the radio, idk why it wont stay down. but why bother if you listen to the radio, mine just stays up

Old 04-07-2008, 08:36 PM
5th Gear

Pull the left **** out to turn it off, the one you'd set the temperature with.

The radio faceplate thing, I'm pretty sure you'd have to take it apart and readjust the hinges, if I get a chance, I'll try to get the bentley manual procedure for that, but no promises, sinceMY computer isn't online.

BTW, Auto will change fan speeds, and it may alternate warm/cold air to keep the cabin at a consistant temperature, but if you actually have the temp in the climate control display changing on its own, I'm afraid you have ghosts in your car.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

to turn off the air you push in the *** on the left...

as for the radio, idk why it wont stay down. but why bother if you listen to the radio, mine just stays up

Ah, nice.. That *** on the left is missing, but it still turns left and right, so I didn't mention it. It's getting fixed by the dealer next week, so I should be good to go.

I listen to the radio, but it's pissingme off since I didn't notice it before I purchased the car. I'm sure the dealer won't fix it now.

Thanks,

Old 04-07-2008, 08:39 PM
5th Gear

Tell them it'd a good move towards customer relations, and see where it goes (probably nowhere, but its worth a try) ; )

And you PULL the **** OUT, to turn the air off, not push it in...

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: achTTung

Pull the left **** out to turn it off, the one you'd set the temperature with.

The radio faceplate thing, I'm pretty sure you'd have to take it apart and readjust the hinges, if I get a chance, I'll try to get the bentley manual procedure for that, but no promises, since MY computer isn't online.

BTW, Auto will change fan speeds, and it may alternate warm/cold air to keep the cabin at a consistant temperature, but if you actually have the temp in the climate control display changing on its own, I'm afraid you have ghosts in your car.
Nice, thanks. Does the radio faceplate have a little nub, and it clicks? Or is it that close, that it fits flush when it's down?

Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 PM
4th Gear

it just covers up the radio and says TT across it. thats all. i think it might click when you push it down but i cant remember. pretty sure it does though

Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

it just covers up the radio and says TT across it. thats all. i think it might click when you push it down but i cant remember. pretty sure it does though
Yeah, I know it's just a cover I hear no click though, and doesn't seem like it's even almost about to stay there. Ah well, I'll figure something out.

Thanks,

Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
5th Gear

Its pretty quiet, I've never paid attention to it, but I've never noticed a noise from it. Mine is a little off, I think someone tried to pry it open, so now in the closed position, its actually a little bit open.