Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

adjustable rear control arms.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Default adjustable rear control arms.

hi all

I wanted to make a run of control arms. for the lowered cars or the people who want some adjustment. the problem i see with the current arms on the market is the price. they are charging double a reasonable profit. I figure i can make a set of about 200-220. but dont quote me on it yet. the advantages will be many. price. single tube construction, so no welds coming appart,(not that they will but why risk it). aluminum or steel the arms that are used in nascar and dirt track racing. they are solid! the ends are also going to be of better quality. i have seen some of these tie rod ends and although they work well, i dont see them as being good enough. i want to use a cromoly end that is machined rather than stamped. i will take pics in about a week or 2. the fork end of the arms is what i'm looking at fabricating right now. depending on how much that costs i will be able to give the prices stated. the advantage as i see it is this. a kmac camber kit for top and bottom arms is about 300~ and more. the arms work this way. if you put it on top it is for cars lowered between 0 and 1.5" if you lowered it more, you put it in the bottom position and swap the lower arm in the upper position. either way you save about 100 over the cheapest complete kits out there. the reason for the price is lack of demand. look at 350z arms you can find them for about 200-300. why are the tt arms 450. because they can.

the shop doing the labor is Magnumforce they have a website. they build race cars and have a good reputation.

chime in if you are interested and i will get something going. I wish the same happened for the downpipes i had made(which were awsome).

i'm making a kit for my car since it is lowered and i chew up a set of tires in about 3-5k miles. if anyone else want them iwill have them made. my profit out of this will be minimal to cover shipping of parts and labor spent. i didnt make any money on the downpipe you guyswho got it paid the shop. this will be no different.It bothers me that the audi companies rip us off as much as they do.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Default RE: adjustable rear control arms.

VERY interested!! BUT I would like to see pics...

Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
3rd Gear

me 2 lets see them and some test results

Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 PM

so far i'm waiting on some parts but its looking good. i will do an install on my own car and get it aligned to prove they work but that about all i can test. the strenght of the rods should be quite a bit higher than any othe the aftermarkt rods mainly doe to the bigger parts. i maxed out the sizing capabilites for strength

Old 09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear

do a writeup install with pics

Old 09-09-2007, 04:47 PM
5th Gear

I'd probably give em a shot. Planning on a kmac half kit in the next few weeks, but further down the line, I suppose I'll need the adjustability of either the full kit, or adjustable arms.