Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Anyone know the size of the cone filter that can go on the TT if you just put a filter on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default Anyone know the size of the cone filter that can go on the TT if you just put a filter on?

Im looking to get the green air filters (either cone style or "mushroom style" <--whatever that one is called.) and the small cold start filter (25mm inlet)

Anyone know the size?
Oh wait... does it change if you have a ****?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone know the size of the cone filter that can go on the TT if you just put a filter on?

Yeah I think the diameter is diff if you have a ****.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone know the size of the cone filter that can go on the TT if you just put a filter on?

if you have a VDTA, just measure out the part that goes into the **** and you get yoru size, vise versa, measure the **** diameter where the filter goes in and voila!. As for the breather filter, any1 will fit, i got one that was a little too small from Crappy tire since the only sold 1 size fits all here, so all i did is; used electrical tape and wrapped around until the diameter was wide enought to fit into the breather hose.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
2nd Gear

the breather filter is 25mm (.98 inch).

Yea, I know I could just measure it. lol
But I have a **** in the mail and was wondering if the OUTSIDE diameter of the **** increased over stock... or just the inside diameter. -shrugs-

I like how they have all the different color cone filters you can get to color match your Engine Trim. That sht is kinda nice. What do they call those "mushroom" shaped filters with the chicken wire looking crap on em? Its a certain brand isnt it? I think THAT would help free up some space in my newly cramped air filter/battery/W-M pump/W-M resevoir... -sigh- compartment. (see!? there's too many things all crowded up in that biatch

Old 10-10-2007, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear

i know HKS and GReddy makes the mushroom filters, i see them on supras and 300zx all the time. i have not seen them on any other imports. do a quick ebay search and see if you can at least find it.

if you have the VTDA then the diameter of the rubber coupling on the end that attached to the MAF housing will be the diameter of the ****. just email steve and he will let you know right away. Steve is good like that, very helpfull guy.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

He did.
3" for the cone, .98" for the breather filter

Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm make believe

2.75" for a 180
3" for a 225

Hks makes green shroom filters and greddy's are blue. There are tons of knock offs on ebay for less than $30shipped. Dont think they make one to fit over the sai hose