Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Audi TT reliability -- better info

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
It must be something you're doing. These cars require that they're in your thoughts every waking moment to continue running smoothly. If you start thinking about other things, like what you want to do on the weekend that isn't car related, of course its going to break down.

It just comes down to neglect.
Its probably the time i spend at work when i'm not climbing around under the car that causes the coil packs to blow and MAF to go nuts. Or that time my cat got some fur on the seat and I didn't vacuum it for a couple hours..

Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 PM
5th Gear

yeah, the cat thing was probably it.

when i bought my car, it was FULL of dog hair. I immediately had to replace the haldex controller, and my after-run coolant pump worked intermittently. The times it didnt work, it also had a coolant leak.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
Urrr.... I think this might be better left if no one says anything. I want my tt to still be worth something....
This cat left the bag a long time ago. Given Audi's existing reputation, any stats we provide can only help.

Seriously. I started conducting this research because I realized that people think that "unreliable" cars require far more repairs than they actually do. No one else was providing actual repair frequencies, just dots that can make problems seem much more common than they actually are.

The solution: conduct a survey, and provide the actual repair frequencies. Even cars with the worst records average about 1.5 repair trips per year.

We'll do this for the TT as soon as enough owners sign up to participate.

Car reliability research

Old 04-20-2009, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
It must be something you're doing. These cars require that they're in your thoughts every waking moment to continue running smoothly. If you start thinking about other things, like what you want to do on the weekend that isn't car related, of course its going to break down. It just comes down to neglect.
Great post. Like having a wife?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

I dont have many problems with my TT. Its been pretty good to me. I just drive it hard and change the fluids.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

Had my 04 for a year now. Never broken, though I did put a temp sensor in to stop throwing codes

Old 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info, guys.

To include data in our analysis, though, it must come through the survey process.

Two model years just a few short of the minimum now, and others getting close.

Car reliability research

Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

I understand that saying this on here isn't going to help your survey, so just for the purposes of this forum... my car (2002 180 FWD) was excellent. I had a coil pack go bad and I needed to replace a wheel bearing. Other than that, everything was great. I just drove it hard, replaced all my fluids with the expensive stuff, and occasionally ran some seafoam and removed the MAF for cleaning.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

Thanks, I'm sure people will find that helpful.

Thw 100th TT owner recently signed up, and we've been able to include the 2001 and the 2008 in the survey. A good start, but more needed to properly cover all model years.

Car reliability research

Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 AM
1st Gear

Now 110. A good start, but more needed so we can cover all model years.

Car reliability research

Quick Reply: Audi TT reliability -- better info