Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

boost gauge install...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I ordered an aftermarket radio. Didn't feel like paying the 130 to the dealer just to get an unlock code for the radio. Good news is my radio is on the UPS truck. I should receive it in another hour or so.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Smile hey

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
I ordered an aftermarket radio. Didn't feel like paying the 130 to the dealer just to get an unlock code for the radio. Good news is my radio is on the UPS truck. I should receive it in another hour or so.
Hey, if u have a bose sys in your car, u need dash kit & connector kit[?] for ur aftermarket radio i got it from ebay $15 bucks...
I had problem w/ that before if u don't have that kit.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I ordered the radio from Crutchfield.. They supplied me with OEM Radio Removal Keys, Dash Kit, Wiring Harness, FM Euro Connector, Install Guide and some other stuff all for free. My only question on the wiring part is, if there is a OEM amp that I need to run power to in order to get sound.

UPS I hate those guys. I been checking the site and they say it's on the truck out for delivery since 730 am. It's 3 pm now. So far UPS has come to my facility 2x and both times nothing.. WTH are these guy riding around their truck with my radio..

Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Grrrrr... What started off as a 60 dollar mod, has ended up costing me 410 bucks. All over a stupid fuse falling out.

60 for gauge
190 for new radio (cause audi wants to charge me 130 for the radio code)
50 (gotta take it to best buy so they can install new head unit, cause damn crutchfield sent me a half@$$ed harness).. It was set up wrong.
70 for parts from best buy just so they can get the damn head unit working.

Info: Got new head unit in. Used the harness supplied from Cruthcfield. There is 2 wiring harness that they supplied me with. One of them has 5 wires connecting to it. Out of the 5 wires, only 2 are correct. The other 3 arent even showing pins on the OEM harness.. Hence no power to new headunit. Tried wiring radio straight from the battery. Cool it has power. Connected the 2nd wiring harness (supplied by Crutchfield). Zappppppp no power. I disconnected the line from the 2nd wiring harness that says 12v. Cool it stays on but no sound..

Taking it to "professional". I am done.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ $410 boost gauge. i hope it was worth it calvin lol.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Damn you .clipse...... Don't let me see you for the next few weeks...... I might kill you for not talking me out of it. Should have stuck to my moto. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If Audi intended for the car to have a boost guage, it would have come with one from factory.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ haha. the boost gauge was install was fine...

one little knock out of the fuse cost you more than $300 =P

Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Need I remind you that. Yah don't worry I know what I'm doing. You didn't even touch the damn car. Let an unprofessional like myself do it. Still your fault.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

My harness i got for my aftermarket radio was **** too. I had to re-wire the whole dang thing, and even now i have to turn off/on the radio myself because the harness was wrong.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
SoCal Crew Member

haha. well i tapped the boost gauge righttt =P

didn't know the T fitting would be too small for the DV line, so ya my bad on that part. as for the vent gauge mount, never had experience in that, fan of the a-pillar or mounting cup. and well for grounding the wire to the fuse box... not my idea either ;]

it's ok, i'll buy you jack in the box to make up for it =)

Quick Reply: boost gauge install...