Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

boost gauge install...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by keefboz
My harness i got for my aftermarket radio was **** too. I had to re-wire the whole dang thing, and even now i have to turn off/on the radio myself because the harness was wrong.

I just learned something. The power wiring harness for the TT, upon a visual inspection of it. It looks wrong cause out of 5 wires only 2 are correct. The other 3 are in the wrong place. But inactuality the blue, orange, red wires are not being used at all. You have to connect the yellow (+12) and the black wire from the harness to your deck. As for the accessory line (the one that turns the radio on or off with ignition), that wire needs to be re-ran. Cause if you try to connect that to the wire in the harness it won't work. So find another power line from your fuse box and tap into it.

If you have the bose system in your car. The harness for the speakers and to power the amp. That one there is nothing wrong with it.

So plain and simple. Just need to run an auxilary line. The harness works. If doing what I mentioned above still doesn't work. Just check your fuse, they could be blown. Took me 3 hours trying to do it myself (not realizing about re-running aux power line and that I blew 2 fuses), also spent 40 bucks to watch a guy do it. Was like damnit what a waste I should have known better.

Edited: Sorry I just realized that I been hi-jacking this thread.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

great advice, i will try that this weekend! dont worry about thread jacking, it happens!!