Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Brake Time..

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear
Default Brake Time..

A few months ago after an unfortunate encounter with a deer on the highway (see below), after the car returned from the Bodyshop, I had a brake caliper carrier (Rear right) break loose while driving. The Caliper and carrier broke loose at the upper mount and swung down; rubbing the rotor. When the caliper and carrier broke loose and swung out, the brake line also broke and all the fluid drained from the system.

Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  Side.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  39.5 KB

The shop I took it to said the line (short hose line from caliper to hardline) was not avaliable anywhere in the United States and that it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Of course I was not going to let that stop me and brake repair costs are ridiculous ($700+ labor), so I decided to go with the Neuspeed Steel lines and I'm about to begine the job here soon.

Aside from the Neuspeed Steel Lines, I also bought the Brake Tool Kit from ttstuff, Blue brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads, replacement hardware, Bentley Manual, and Zimmerman OEM replacement rotors from ECStuning.

Does anyone know of anything I should keep an eye out for while doing this task; maybe anything not covered or any special tool that will make this easier that I should know about beforehand?