Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Catch Can

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm make believe
Default Catch Can

Due to the off topic nature in the other thread i decided we better start a new thread.

The purpose of a catch can is to remove the unwanted oil from your crankcase ventalation from getting back into your intake. From there it will go through your compressor, ic piping, pool in your ic(s) and even may get sent in with your a/f mixture. Please post your set up here or ask any questions you may have here where they may be answered.

My set up consist of a air compressor filter and can be purchased at home depot for about $13 plus you can fit the fittings you will need there also. Totalinvestment including hose is under $30.

yes you can remove the stock peice going into the intake i just havent yet... been lazy due to cold.

my brothers passat. removerd clogged hard lines and replaced them with a flex hose.

a better look at what within his filter, just imagine that going into your turbo, NASTY.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Catch Can

part numbers would be awesome!!! does the air compressor fitting come with that top cover(black) piece? also what size are those fittings?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

Cool, I'll have to pick one up when I go get the rest of the fittings for my IC sprayer.

How often does it have to be replaced/cleaned?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 PM
3rd Gear

i would say every oil change

Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

part numbers would be awesome!!! does the air compressor fitting come with that top cover(black) piece? also what size are those fittings?
yes the top cover is part of the filter. The fittings is a 1/4" and then a 1/2" fitting (i do believe). THe filter is a husky air compressor filter, it is in with all the air compressors along with the fittings. If you go to the isle with other fittings near/with plumming you can get them for a little cheaper.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

Cool, I'll have to pick one up when I go get the rest of the fittings for my IC sprayer.

How often does it have to be replaced/cleaned?
depends on your engine. Every oil change should be right if your engine is going strong. My brothers passat needs it every few weeks, the stuff in his is like milk that went really bad.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 AM
3rd Gear

^^^most likey do to a bad pcv system

Old 10-19-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm make believe

I hope you bumped that for the others and not to help people you know havent posted in 6-8mos

Me helping people, this thread is a LIE!!! I dont do that

Old 10-19-2007, 01:45 AM
3rd Gear

yes

Old 10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear

ok guys some of the pictures dont work, i was contemplating a catch can on ebay. but if it could be fabbed up and tucked away neatly, ill be into doing that, my TT is parked as of today so i need something to do in the engine bay. TT only out to track time right now.

Quick Reply: Catch Can