Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

the cheap replacement belt works fine sometimes my one "screw" looks to be chipped prolly causing issues. the rivets are a tough drill + be sure to remove "all" the little clips per service manual that are in the corners otherwise you will break the small corners + caution on the "rub" strips as well, good luck! its outrageous what OE parts cost!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2016, 08:36 AM
1st Gear

Which little clips? I don't have the service manual. Are there 4 of them? You say "one in each corner" so I assume there are 4 of them. How do you remove them?

Old 06-08-2016, 09:11 AM
1st Gear

when the top is down the trim towards the front of the car being the large panel you remove to access the belt, on the corners are round plastic pieces, underneath are flat U spring clips you need to remove so you don't break the corners. search on other audi or VW audi forums may find pics i found "somewhere" with the detailed process

Old 06-08-2016, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

search "audi TT MKI wind deflector belt replacement" when you see click the VWVortex article, they have a section for Audis, there are excellent pics, you can easily see the spring clips. i don't do links yet, something i should learn.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by branstone

To install the Belt you have to pull the riser screw out of its little socket , wrap the belt around , then work it back in place. the riser screw just slides out and has a slotted washer to go back in place correctly.
Can anyone confirm if "riser screw" is the right name? We got everything apart and one of the "riser screws" is cracked and won't move. Could be why the belt broke.

Looking for the right name so I can search for a replacement. If anyone knows where I can get an after market one, that would be appreciated too. I'm sure Audi want a hefty amount for it.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

a defective "riser screw" could cause issues, mine looked chipped, prolly it still only works sometimes with the new belt. i believe the drivers side "riser" has a hold down on the bottom the other pulls out. i remember being concerned that both of the "blocks" on the screw were even, its fiddly for sure + would not even like to think replacing a costly "riser" but the non fastened one would be easier as the fastener is on the base

Old 07-12-2016, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

OK, so stupid me, I completely forgot that I had an Audi Digital Service Manual. So I looked up the part and it's called a threaded shaft. Audi wants $170 USD. I found it on line for $126 plus shipping.

Question: Since it has never been able to move up and down, I have no idea if the wind deflector really does anything. Does it really do anything? I have no idea.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

Followed the the instructions posted here and onVW vortex .
Description was great and useful, the trickiest part was getting the new belt on. I lipped the riser behind the -assanger side back and up a bit. Putting the riser back be sure you keep the washer at the bottom of the driver in place.
Actually a very doable job for most DIY

Old 09-02-2020, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

Hi, an anyone tell me please who makes the belt?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-27-2021, 04:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Pasek tylnego okna Audi TT

Originally Posted by rodhotter
the cheap replacement belt works fine sometimes my one "screw" looks to be chipped prolly causing issues. the rivets are a tough drill + be sure to remove "all" the little clips per service manual that are in the corners otherwise you will break the small corners + caution on the "rub" strips as well, good luck! its outrageous what OE parts cost!!!!!!!
Panowie macie dostęp do zamiennika paska tylnej szyby do Audi TT roadstar, mam wielką prośbę może ktoś kupiłby mi taki pasek i wysłał do Polski - oczywiście zapłacę

Gentlemen, you have access to a replacement for the rear window belt for the Audi TT roadstar, I have a great request, maybe someone would buy me such a belt and send it to Poland - of course I will pay

Quick Reply: Convertible Rear Power Window Belt?