Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

The damage is done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Default The damage is done!!!

TB broke, car had 93,xxx belt had 58,xxx b/c it was changed once already. Seems to be my luck here lately happened on christmas eve but ive been w/o a computer since 1st week of december. Anyway valves are shot, etc,etc you know the story. Lookin for some good aftermarket parts for complete rebuild top and bottom end. I dont wanna bore out the motor unless i absolutely have too so all factory spec stuff. I have been looking on qedpower thinking about Ferrera Valves springs retainers etc, either scat or IE rods depending of if I need 20mm or 19mm pins, idk about pistons might stay oem if there not messed up if the are then idk mahle wiseco or (supertech)<neverheard of them. My main concern is having to buy a whole new cylinder head im hopin not cuz thats gonna blow all my turbo money haha. Also curious about possibly swappin the crank out for the 2.0 anyone got any expierece w/ that.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm make believe

If you swap cranks, you have to bore the block to either 82.5 or 83mm for a 2L (198Xcc vs 2008cc). The pistons should be fine, just need smoothed out unless they are cracked or have really deep cuts. But you can get used stock pistons for cheap if you need/want to replace them. But if you plan on reduing the block, the AWP is the only engine code with 19mm pin rods.

Should be fine with a hone, new rods, smooth out pistons, new rings, replaced bad valves and their guides along with new gaskets. If you dont plan on making well over 400whp, no need to go 2.0

Old 01-23-2009, 05:53 PM

i knew there was only 1 engine code w/ 19mm but im not 100% what my code is the car goes in the shop on monday so i will get my mech. to let me know so ill get the right ones. would you reccomend any valve over others such as ferrera over supertech or rosten or even stock. I read in your BT and HP thread somethin about swapping the crank i just wasnt sure if i had to rebore to do that but since i have too im not gonna mess w/ that. If i go w/ all this aftermarket stuff the valves and rods and all on the factory turbo for now w/ my uni tune will everything still work together or will i need a diff. tune?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm make believe

If you have a late 01+ 180, you have an AWP. Supertechs are a little cheaper and all work just as good as others. The intakes should be fine, replace the exh ones with the new iconel valves. You are changing parts with more reliable ones, you arent changing the performace of the car with swapping valves and rods etc so no tune needed

Old 01-24-2009, 12:23 AM

Thats what i thought just making sure. One last ? and im done then... if i do decide to get pistons and lower the compression being that im probably gonna build the motor for now and put together a good turbo kit later would lowering the compression do anything as far as the computer goes?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm make believe

Not really, but i would advise against lowing the compression on a street motor. The compression makes for a much more driveable car of psi and widens the powerband. You can see a write up i did here http://www.audifreaks.com/showthread.php?t=19