Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Dealer kinda messed up, would it be out of the question to ask....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:43 PM
2nd Gear
Default Dealer kinda messed up, would it be out of the question to ask....

Hey guys,

I had to pay the dealer $645.00 to fix my window regulator and my door latch. I went to pick up the car today (I was called by the dealer) I paid over the phone when they told me it was done. - When I arrived my clock was out of sinc as well as the date *I could care less* - Just the attention to detail bothers me and makes me question the job. - The radio was set to safe (I'm assuming at this point they disconnected the battery) and the window was NOT programed when I picked up the car. I haven't fussed at all or even made a comment, I just kinda talked ot them while they were working on things. - Took about an hour. - Kinda nice actully to get to know the staff. - However after 45 minutes they determine that for some reason they cant get my radio out to reset it (The code is written on the top/they dont have it on the books to reset) - I'm told that the car will have to stay another night and I wont have to pay for the stereo (Obviously.)

Now here is my question.

I need my airbag reset, its $50.00. - Should I ask the dealer for the inconvenice to reset it for free? - Again I was super kind, even suggested before they got stressed out that I can pick it up in the morning/next day no problem. - Would this be rude? - Ok to ask? - Again I know it only takes them 20 seconds to reset with there computer.

Whats the view?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Dealer kinda messed up, would it be out of the question to ask....

$645.00 That sounds about right.
That was out of pocket no warranty help right?

as far as asking for the reset for the inconvenience seems fair. It cant take too much of thier time and hell bitc* and bug if they dont.
just my .02 cents

Old 01-11-2008, 03:52 AM

it never hurts to ask.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:19 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

Now here is my question.

Should I ask the dealer for the inconvenice to reset it for free? Would this be rude? - Ok to ask? - Again I know it only takes them 20 seconds to reset with there computer.

Whats the view?
Never hurts to ask. No, it would not be rude, it would be smart. You were inconvienced on several levels. Unfortunately, the dealer may not have much leeway to do something for "free", as they always have to account for their time. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 AM
2nd Gear

When they call me today to tell me its done, I'll ask them at that point. - We only have one Audi Dealer here, and to be honest the customer service in general is lacking followed by expensive prices for labor. - I really dont want to fuss because of limited resources.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
2nd Gear

Yes out of pocket, I dont have a warrenty on my car. - Boy oh boy am I wishing I had one. - I personally will never buy another car again without one. - I've put over $3k in my car in repairs since I've had it....which is just over a year...

Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
3rd Gear

Theyare more likely tocharge youif it's done already.

They might be able to take care of it while they are still under it, but I doubt they want to dig into it a 2nd time.

my $.02

Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear

I didn't even ask. - I'm a puss.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

I didn't even ask. - I'm a puss.
LMFAO [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
oh well maybe next time

Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear

Why do you need the airbag reset?

Anyway, I would bring it to the attention of the service manager that your car was not really "ready". The clock, radio, etc. is sloppy work. Any dealership that doesn't have the radio removal pins is pretty unprepared. And, I don't remember seeing the code on top of the radio--doesn't that defeat the purpose of the code? What they really needed to do is get the code based on the serial number of the radio.

Anyway, always remember that dealerships are rated on their customer satisfaction. If my car was returned like yours was, I would not give them "all 5s", as I'm sure they asked you to do. I would mention that to the service manager and give him/her the opportunity to fix things.

Dealerships that get poor customer service ratings get into "trouble" with the manufacturer. I worked selling cars for a very short time (and never want to do it again) and know that the dealer's inventory is determined by the customer service rating--how many cars they get, the most popular colors and options, when they get them, etc.