Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Electical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Electical Issues

Hi there to all members,

I ve recently experienced something really unusual with my TT so i must ask the other owners and experts for their opinions.

I ve owned the TT since 2001 (the convertible one) never had issues besides a flickering in the speedometer lights which was fixed.

What happened now, my TT has a really sensitive alarm sensor that even if a motorbike passes by closely, it blows and wakes up all the neighborhood. So it happened the security alarm went on and on for many times and i didnot bother until my battery went dead! (my immobilizer had been not working and i did not bother) so i thought okay i ll change a battery and everything will be like it used to be....
No, no, no i changed the battery but the car is not the same!

The windows do not operate correctly (they do not come down and up on the one click basis), the immobilizer left me even before that,
but also the fuel tank lid does not open as well as the hood that does not even get that i try to open it , when i use its handle......but also the hood buttons do not act when pushed!

i went to AUDI here in my city and their answer was something about a comfort interior sensor that has corrosion marks and needs to be changed as well as some fuses, further on they told me they need to have both keys (i ve lost the second one, actually stolen) and hopefully if this sensor or head is changed the problem with the rooftop is going to be solved.

plus they ask me for 1500$ does anybody know what this sensor is that will fix the immobilizer issue the tank lid and window issues? how is it called
Has anybody experienced something similar! anything will be highly appreciated! cheers! from sunny Greece