Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Group Buy Water/meth

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Group Buy Water/meth

With Unisetting (or other programs) timing increases by .75 degrees at a time. So, my next increase will be 2.25, then 3, then 3.75.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm make believe

Not sure if you are getting what im saying. But ill post this to help all that are going to do this for the first time.

a chart i found in a quich search...

IAT = intake air temps
BTDC = before top dead centeraka timing advance
CF 1-4 = timing pull in cyl 1-4.

As you can see in the graph, the timing starts of high and then drops down to spool the turbo better and then climbs back up after the psi peaks. The higher timing after the turbo starts to fade is what keeps the power to redline on a stock turbo.

In this chart, you can see he is running w/m and that his iat's dont really increase when injected. You can also see he is also about maxed at his 4.25* timing advance since he is pulling 4* of timing in cyl #3. He could add another .75 if timing pull doenst go much higher. He may also need a slightly more w/m also.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear

Cool! Which block measures pull? I know Block 026 measures knock sensor voltage, but I don't think that's the one to use. I know there's another for timing.

BTW, I just took the car for a test drive after increasing timing to 2.25 degrees. Pretty nice. Like being chipped for the first time all over again (or close to it)!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM
3rd Gear

i cant wait fo mine as long as it feels like when i get chipped i will be very happy and plus all the nice cleaning its doing to my engine combustion chambers....yaya

Old 04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

i cant wait fo mine as long as it feels like when i get chipped i will be very happy and plus all the nice cleaning its doing to my engine combustion chambers....yaya
Don't ever expect your pistons to be sparkling. I believe it may remove some of the carbon build up, but water is not going to "steam clean" the inside of your engine. Here's the top of some pistons that had water injection (and also some valve contact unrelated to the water injection).

Name:  Piston4.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  Piston1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  29.3 KB

Old 04-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm make believe

^ after seeing my valves, i need to have that crap cleaned out also. There is a bunch of crap on them i will mostly credit the pcv system.

ORIGINAL: JettaRedII

Cool! Which block measures pull? I know Block 026 measures knock sensor voltage, but I don't think that's the one to use. I know there's another for timing.

BTW, I just took the car for a test drive after increasing timing to 2.25 degrees. Pretty nice. Like being chipped for the first time all over again (or close to it)!
I dont know the block numbers. Chris (nur0tic) knows.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

hmmm but i have seen what the pistions look like after 50k miles and then watermeth the last 5k miles....so i dont know what the hell went on with the pics above but most pistions dont look that way....mine look almost brand new without water/meth....thats not normal wear and tear in the above pics...

Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear

Man I can't wait to install this...I am out of town doing training this week! My W/M kit is sitting at home and I have purchased and overnighted the USB Key Ross-tech cable. I also grabbed the T/B plate from USRT and that should be there Friday. So I should be good to go with the install.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 AM
2nd Gear

Be sure to also download the Unitronics software so you can adjust timing, etc.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the link. I was torn between the serial and the usb cable after reading up on the software. Lemmiwinks from Revo wont work with the USB but the newest version of uni will!

Quick Reply: Group Buy Water/meth