Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hello all- Question for an Audi Noob

Old 09-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Default Hello all- Question for an Audi Noob

Hey guys and girls-

Let me start out by saying that I personally do not own a tt, my best friend does. I am a Mustang guy (don't shoot me- and yes, I have all my teeth and I do not own a hound dog or live in a trailer) and I drive the Bullitt GT.

My friend has this problem where if you punch the gas, it revs high and just kind of goes nowhere. I told him it was most likely a problem with his clutch- either friction plate,or something there, but the car has nearly 80k miles on it, so I suggested he get a new clutch kit.

Does anyone have any tips on replacing this part, or perhaps can point me to a good how-to guide?

Thanks to all for your help!

Old 09-16-2004, 03:35 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Hello all- Question for an Audi Noob

Welcome to the forum fooldall !

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with questions about their Audi or related subjects. It is a great site to find camaraderie with other "Audiphiles", too. I hope you find it to your liking.

If you're not familiar with this forum and the vocabulary, please click HERE or you can, at any time, go to the "New Member Welcome Area" forum and click on the "START HERE!" post at the top of the forum. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.

If you want to notify us about a personal problem with the site or file a complaint about a particular member, please feel free to PM the Admin, me, or any other moderator. We will keep your PM confidential and respond as soon as possible. Otherwise, please feel free to post public messages about the forum on the "Forum Issues" forum (found at the bottom of the main menu). It is there that we prefer you "test" your sig, too.

We all welcome you and hope you find this sight informative and enjoyable.
================================================== =====================================
If the car has a manual tranny and he's flooring it from a dead stop in first gear or over-reving the engine while shifting, then he's definitely glazed (and still glazing) the clutch! He should be able to smell the odor, too.

There are many good aftermarket clutch kits out there. Google works well for this! Some companies that come to mind are Stratmosphere and Unorthodox.

Good luck.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:56 AM
1st Gear

To test to make shure if is the clutch set the parking brake hard, put car in a high gear like 5th or 6th, rev engine to two or three thousand rpms and drop the clutch. the car should die instantly, but if it slowly slips and dies, or just slips you know it is the clutch. also remember when doing this test to have nothing in front of your car just in case you parking brake does not hold, that would be. bad.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

bring it to a place and do it, if you 2 mess up thats really gunna mess up the TT