Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Help me find this part for mk 1 tt convertible.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Smile Help me find this part for mk 1 tt convertible.

Genuine Audi Front Trim - Part Number 8N7-864-401-C-24M (part number taken off the original part). Not sure why Audi refers to it as Front Trim as it is misleading. Please see below for description of part.
If you go to the link below there are 2 pictures of the part. Picture number 1 and picture 4. The part covers the gears and inside workings of the rear wind deflector window in the convertible. You need to remove it to change the belt for the window to fix it. When the top goes down it protects the top from catching in this areas and allows the top to slide unimpeded up and down.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7040460-DIY-Wind-Deflector-Belt-Replacement

I could really use some help in finding this part or locating someone who deals in used Audi TT parts OR private individual who has a TT that is out of commission and sitting around and being used for parts. I am sure there is not much call for this part (molding). If there is a out of use MKE 1 TT the part is probably there. I bought car not to long ago and looks like someone took it off to fix the rear wind defector window and then never put it back on.

THANKS FOR HELP IN LOCATING THIS PART!!!!!!!