Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

High Idle/Engine Light on - (Need Advise) have pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:07 PM
1st Gear
Default High Idle/Engine Light on - (Need Advise) have pics

Hi All:

I was away on vacation in Europe, I left my 2000 Audi TT 180FWD with my father, He tells me he was driving on the highway when something flew into the front driver side of the car. It seems something flew into the car like a piece of steel or something,
it entered through the lower front spoiler/ground effect near the Radiator and went thru the car to the rear of the car's unibody/frame. Whatever hit the car tore a hole in it. Here is some pictures.

Unibody

OK, so I get back from vacation, My Father tells me the story of something hitting the front of the car and that it ripped thru the car and hit the unibody in the rear of the car tore a hole in the steel as u can see pic above.

Then He tells me he brought it to a local auto mechanic. He said he notified Insurance company and that they sent a appraiser to adjust the car too get it fixed. So the Insurance company like approves $4000.00 in damage, the car is getting fixed.

Now a month later, I get the car back, Car's Idle is running high between 12-15k, Cars Engine light is on.

He accepted the car back like this. - Mechanic is all paid up. and now my car just sits in the garage.

Now Insurace paid everything, and my car isnt fixedthe right way.

And now, if I bring it to a Audi Dealer, guess who has to pay for it from his own pocket.

ME

I'm very angry and frustrated,any advise would help.

Thanks,
FluidTT

Old 12-16-2006, 02:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: High Idle/Engine Light on - (Need Advise) have pics

Just wanted to add...

I drove the car last night for the 1st time.

Im affraid to drive it now cause of the high idle, will I blow a valve if I drive it with the high idle?
Whats the risks of driving it with high idle?

Thanks again

Old 12-16-2006, 03:20 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: fluidTT

Just wanted to add...

I drove the car last night for the 1st time.

Im affraid to drive it now cause of the high idle, will I blow a valve if I drive it with the high idle?
Whats the risks of driving it with high idle?

Thanks again
When you say high idle you mean 1200-1500 RPM is that correct? Not 12-15K which is 12,000-15,000 RPM.

If you have the CEL light on, you need to get the code read to help diagnose the problem. Do you have VAG-COM? If not, you could even by an OBDII reader from your local autoparts store. It sounds like the engine speed sensor, but it's really hard to diagnose without additional information contained in the codes stored.

Old 12-16-2006, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear

Get a hold of your insurance company and tell them that it is still not fixed and take it back to the repairman. Im sure he has a warrenty on his service. Plus the insurance company can still fix things related to the repair after the fact too. Dont pay yourself.