Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

I'm a Poseur... (Really long post)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
1st Gear
Default I'm a Poseur... (Really long post)

Greetings All,

If possible, I would temporarily change my name to Poseur! Why? See the following reasons:

No TT/TTS: Yet. I've been lusting after one for several months but don't have it in my possession.

Don't care about about engine sound: Much. Having a great sounding V8/V6 would be OK, for a while, but with the type of daily driving that I do it would get tiresome. Even the sound I've read about when changing gears (the little blat, blat) is something I'll try to drown out with my radio/CD/satellite.

Top Speed: As if. Unless there is a Zombie attack, then I'll never come close to the upper limits of speed of the TT/TTS. I've had enough tickets to cure me of this.

Looks: Important-ish. While I don't care too much what others think, I care what I think. When driving, I don't want to be cranking my neck around lusting after other cars. The looks of the TT/TTS will guarantee a smile will be on my face

Turbo lag, turbo schmag: Don't care. I'm coming from a 2800lbs/156hp/144tq car. Engine RPM has to be 4400 to get to that torque. So having 258tq available at 1650/2500 (for the TT/TTS) will be amazing. I'm not expecting to do any stoplight racing so anything better than my current specs is an improvement.

It's all about the Bass: Gotta have it. I need to transport my Bass Drum at various times throughout the year. My first choice in cars would be a convertible. But this is what I want to avoid:

My old RX7... I do miss it but not being able to see out the right side of the car is an adventure I would rather not repeat.

Also, it takes about 10 minutes to make this happen:

My current car... KIA Forté.

Having a hatchback works! No more acrobatics trying to maneuver the drum into the car:

Wagons Rox: Very practical. I actually prefer a wagon over sedans and coupés. But... If I got a wagon, then my neck will hurt from the whiplash that will happen when a TT/TTS is within view.

Sports car, schmorts car: Kinda. My car, most likely, will never see a track day. But, it's confidence inspiring having all of the limits (speed, grip...) that I know is there that I won't attempt to reach.

So those are some of the reasons why I'm a Poseur. Plus, I like having the navigation, the daytime running lights, the parking sensors, the MPG display, the small size, the overall looks, the hatchback, and other things that has nothing to do with the TT/TTS being a sports car.

Like I stated in the title, this is a very long post. If you got this far, then I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Cheers,
Bull

PS. Almost forgot, DSG!!!