Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Install Completed....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:53 AM
1st Gear
Default Install Completed....

So i finaly got my GT2871R installed today and it was set at 20psi
I have the full SAMCO Hose Kit also with 42draft downpipe(3inch) and 3" APR Custom Cat-back.

I am very confused and a little dissapointed, so im wanting to know how far i can turn up the boost on this thing
I raced my friends mazda speed 3 Turbo and it has a K04 and i beat him first race and lost on the next 2 races from a roll.
I honestly didn't think he would be able to beat me though he has his turbo maxed out with the same mods i have minus the samco hose kit.

How much can i turn it up to get some kick out of this turbo?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Install Completed....

I know rayveedub is runnig 26psi on his 225 on the stock turbo with uni chip so im sure you can hit 26psi
what all did you instal just the turbo or biiger injectors etc?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

did u get any numbers on the dyno yet? 20psi should be plenty of power on that GT28 then 20psi on a k04..now u just need a boost controller if you don't have one yet.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear

im still running stock injectors, and i never had a boost controler on the ko4. Im running a GIAC chip also, i just feel like there should be more power but maybe im just thinking i should be driving an audi R8 or something.

I will be running bigger injectors 550cc by genesis so maybe that will help out, I mean don't get me wrong at 20 psi from a dig this car now throws me back into my seat! I really like it, but from a roll i just feel slower, maybe our cars aren't made for it or something....
actualy i just chunked it up to me not being able to drive good yet, but im sure its a little of both.

Im actualy wanting to have a custom map done for my car now, is there anyway that the guys in the DYNO shop can do this for me or where do i need to go to get a custom map done? I figured the DYNO guys could do it, i think the car will realy be able to shine then once its been mapped over again.

By the way im running the Eliminator Kit GT2871R.... There were so many mixed reviews out there so i decided to be the Geine Pig to let you know how it runs, and so far so good! Also Cincy i finally installed the Turbo XS MBC today and my car holds at 20psi no problem.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 AM
2nd Gear

You can turn the boost up a little bit when you get the bigger injectors..they will make all the difference...so what did you do just get a bigger turbo and exhaust system thats it?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

Ya i wanted to be one of the first on here to try the eliminator Kit for myself.
I honestly couldn't wait for the injectors, so i installed everything else that i mentioned.
Hey does anyone know how to advance your timing on the TT 225? I really want to do it about 2-3 degrees.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:27 AM
4th Gear

null and void

Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 AM
1st Gear

How was the install? I've heard horror stories about the fit not being very good. Did you have to make any modifications or did things line up pretty well? I know it may be too soon to tell but, at this point, is it something you feel you would do again?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: twenty8red

How was the install? I've heard horror stories about the fit not being very good. Did you have to make any modifications or did things line up pretty well? I know it may be too soon to tell but, at this point, is it something you feel you would do again?
The install went very well besides all the trouble of taking the ko4 off the manifold is concerned...When the put the Eliminator Turbo on the manifold it bolted up and fit just fine, no mods needed for it and the 3" draftdesigns downpipe to fit, i was very amazed because i have also heard the horror stories of the install. At this point i honestly don't think there is anything i would do again besides put in new injectors at the time of install but they will be here soon enough, also if you plan on going 3in turbo-back on the TT, i would suggest heat wraping the sections of the piping that tend to sit against the heat shields of the underbody, this will reduce the clatter of the metals vibrating against each other durring idle.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear

nvm cincy answered it thanks

Quick Reply: Install Completed....