Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Intake holder... thing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Default RE: Intake holder... thing.

ORIGINAL: vivanov1

how much was that shroom filteR? does it improve mpg;s? does it make a sound?
The shroom I got on Ebay. $60 plus shipping. It is the same kit that was linked in the shroom thread. I have more pictures of it if you search for that thread as I posted them. Yes, it does improve mpg's, but I do not know yet as to how much, since I have not been through a whole tank of gas yet since install. It seems to be significant though.

Yes it does make a sound. The DV is VERY noticeable, and it sounds as if it is coming through the driver's side air vent.It took a while to get used to it. In fact, I am still not used to it LOL.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

ok im gettin a shroom that looks bad *** lol um do they come in colors aha
Well the kit filter comes in only green (as far asI could find)but the replacement filters come in a variety of colors.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Wintermute

I'm looking for something to hold the intake in place so it's not rubbing up against the battery. Along with the 1' filter for the SAI.
I know this sounds ghetto but did you try using a very long black zip tie and securing the intake pipe (near the MAF)to something stationary within the engine? This will provide minimal play for the intake itself.

Just a thought if you don't come up with any other options.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

that's actually what I am currently doing on mine. I have a cone filter and used a few zip ties and secured it to the strut tower bar...

it works as of now, but i'm hoping this is only a temporary fix and once i get some time, I'll make custom metal brackets or something to hold it down..kinda wish I just bought the Neuspeed intake..but I didn't feel like spending that much money for an intake at the time...

Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

Im so ordering a shroom

Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: doadea

ORIGINAL: Wintermute

I'm looking for something to hold the intake in place so it's not rubbing up against the battery. Along with the 1' filter for the SAI.
I know this sounds ghetto but did you try using a very long black zip tie and securing the intake pipe (near the MAF)to something stationary within the engine? This will provide minimal play for the intake itself.

Just a thought if you don't come up with any other options.
That what I did. Basicly hlf my motor has zip ties all around it. But I'm trying to clean it up & make it appealing to the eye. I guess I have to wait till I get the samco hose in the mail before I figure out what I'm gonna do.

BUT IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET RID OF THE METAL HOLDER THEY GOT PLEAES LET ME KNOW!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

http://www.esetuning.com/ESE-Single-.../ese-45012.htm

Try this one.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
2nd Gear

PERFECT! Thanks bro.