Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Just bought TT - Stranded: Overheating, Check engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

Here is the update from the mechanic. They found the water pump impeller was destroyed. Everything else is fine, no leaks, and it hold pressure.

They recommend tming belt, tensioners, coolant temp sensor, and water pump, it will cost $1100.

Dealer is no where to be found. He told me to hit up the extended warranty company he sold with the car.

Anyone ever dealt with an extended warranty company. I'm told to never mention the word "overheat" as that will disqualify coverage, and also the coverage only kicks in 1000 miles after you buy the car to disqualify "pre-existing conditions". The mechanic says he has a few cars sitting on his lot that have been there for months waiting on extended warranty claims to be paid, he didn't mind adding mine to the stable.

UGH. I'm thinking of forking over the $1100 for the service and eating the $300 for the tow. Man I should have never left my Honda or Toyota's

Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

Ouch. sorry.
only advice i can give you is buy a kit with a metal impellar from ecs, and go by this DIY http://websunrise.org/manuals/auto/audi/7.pdf and get your hands dirty.

I swear though once they're taken care of they reward you

Old 02-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Certified

I do not think the warranty company will cover timing belt or related components. The timing belt is a maintenance item & is not a covered under warranty's!
However the water pump might be. You will have to read the fine print of the contract from the warranty company to see what is & what is not covered.

If it was me , i would just pay for it to get done & put this bad experience behind you. You don't want your new toy sitting on a lot full of other cars for who knows how long.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

I would do what M5S5 says, pay it and have this in the rear view mirror. Once the belt is done most of your mechanical issues "should" be behind you.

Haldex? How's that doing? That can be an expensive day at the dealership too.

I just bought my first TT (02/225) and I have no receipts for the TB, so I bought a kit and I am trying to find someone to do the work. The local Audi dealer told me 10 hours, my independent told me 8-10 hours. I want it done right so I am more inclined to get raped by the dealer.

I am also replacing all filters, plugs & coils as well as the Haldex oil & filter. This type of maintenance is base lining the vehicle and now I have a point of reference for future maintenance.

John

Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

tht whining noise is the coolant after run pump it circulates coolant through the turbo after u shut the engine off, tht sometimes goes bad i had to replace mine, just thought id tell u so u dont worry about that too, u have enough on ur plate :-)