Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Just Curious

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Just Curious

just read the link. Thats funny, he's REALLY DUMB. there was no reason for him to do any of the things he did.

Mistakes
running 440cc injectors on a k03, stock injectors will flow more than the turbo
running a 225 maf instead of his maf, if he just used his maf in the 225 housingthe ecu "might of" been able to opt out the extra fuel but it might of been at its limits to opt out fuel. "should be able to with lemmingwinks tweeks"

and in the thread they claim you need a chip for exhaust and intake. the me7 will adapt to the changes. The ecu is really smart and will adapt to changes.

and the ko4-001 will only make about 15-20 more peak hp but will keep the power longer due to the larger turbine.

and by the way my second post answered your question

Old 12-20-2006, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Yes, he was an idiot...but the point was respect for the OEM limits. Audi does do a fine job of extracting performance from thier vehicles. Barreling past them, should not be done without consideration.

You did, however, inspire some more in depth research on the 001, which I hadnt really considered.

It makes SICK low-mid range torque numbers and is looking like a better option for a daily driver anyways(not thrilled with the abundant cracking of the 225TT manifold). I've already turned up one thread on Vortex with a guy making 250whp and almost 300ft lbs with a 3 inch turbo back, N-tercooler, and 100 octane programming, and a stock sidemount IC.The best part is its all below5500rpm and the 001 still spools as early as the k03s. The dyno was on a FWD, but I imagine a Quattro would only benefit from all the down low meat.

I could probably pick one up pretty cheap...may not actually have to wait for the k03 to die. I'll bet it would be a ton of fun in the turns with my intercooler sprayer further cooling things down. Definitely give the chipped 225's something to think about when they saw taillights and a single exhuast oulet off the line, lol.

God damn turbos and thier infinite options for power production...

At least now I know I can take the bulk of the ECU reflash cost off the top without taxing the current turbo too hard(all I wanted). I have to admit I dont much like handing anyone a wad of money and telling them 'make it faster' without knowing in-depth whats going on. I'm more the DIY type, so im justdoing my homeworkon the ECU reflash since I cant write my own program.

Genuinely, Thank You. Took some prodding, but I've got what I need for now. Hope you didnt actually get offended, I'm not an A-Hole, just meticulous. Should be clear by now I do put in some research time before spouting off questions or launching into an argument.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

Yes, he was an idiot...but the point was respect for the OEM limits. Audi does do a fine job of extracting performance from thier vehicles. Barreling past them, should not be done without consideration.

The limits are just a little higher than some on here realize and far below what some (linked thread) think they are

You did, however, inspire some more in depth research on the 001, which I hadnt really considered.

It makes SICK low-mid range torque numbers and is looking like a better option for a daily driver anyways(not thrilled with the abundant cracking of the 225TT manifold). I've already turned up one thread on Vortex with a guy making 250whp and almost 300ft lbs with a 3 inch turbo back, N-tercooler, and 100 octane programming, and a stock sidemount IC.The best part is its all below5500rpm and the 001 still spools as early as the k03s. The dyno was on a FWD, but I imagine a Quattro would only benefit from all the down low meat.

Its not bad if your k03 dies but not as an upgrade.

At least now I know I can take the bulk of the ECU reflash cost off the top without taxing the current turbo too hard(all I wanted). I have to admit I dont much like handing anyone a wad of money and telling them 'make it faster' without knowing in-depth whats going on. I'm more the DIY type, so im justdoing my homeworkon the ECU reflash since I cant write my own program.

in a way you can http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2982006 (a must read)

Genuinely, Thank You. Took some prodding, but I've got what I need for now. Hope you didnt actually get offended, I'm not an A-Hole, just meticulous. Should be clear by now I do put in some research time before spouting off questions or launching into an argument.

no offense taken.