Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

to keep or not to keep, that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear
Default to keep or not to keep, that is the question.

well after breaking my timing belt and finnaly getting the dealership to pay for it. now i will be getting my car back on monday most likely. ok the TT is getting a WHOLE NEW ENGINE!!!!!. i dont have a waranty and i'm not sure if i should keep it or not. what else should i wrry going wrong with the car? i know the turbo may need to be replaced but im gona pay for it if i keep it. so should i? i mean its got a brand new engine.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: to keep or not to keep, that is the question.

Sounds like a calm after the storm. When you say "whole new engine", do you mean short block, long block or what exactly was replaced? What model year and how many miles onthe drivetrain, suspension, etc? I'm guessing you might be in real good shape for a while.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:25 PM

I bought a brand new car once ( end of story )

Old 05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
3rd Gear

usually when the timing belt goes only your valve train getts F*****....pistons are a lot stronger than intake/exhaust valves. when mine went i got all new exhaust valves and 1 intake valve(cuz it had a mark on it) all new valve seals gaskets etc the biggest being the head gasket set those are kinda pricy.... i got all the parts at cost and labor at a cheap rate....it only cost me 1400 for the complete rebuild. including the water pump and whole timing belt service...hopefully the metal one(crosses fingers) not too shabby....it was a Master Audi Mech that did everything so i rested easy....keep her!!!!my baby has a new head...only thing i regret is not putting ferrera valves in there since they cost as much as the Audi OEM sodium filled ones darn it![:@]

edit..the job usually is around $5500... so i got lucky the dealer i got the TT from was real cool with the local Audi dealership