Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

KMAC PDF? ...and some news.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
2nd Gear
Default KMAC PDF? ...and some news.

Id like to know if theres an instruction pdf out there for how to adjust the eccentric bushings for the full KMAC kit (obviously for audi tt). I just want to be able to give the shop a guide for adjusting them because I just put on my ugly *** fat fives, and tires are pretty much brand new.

In other news, got my forge tip on, and got rid of my fsb and driveshaft flex disc rub, was just a mis-reassembly of the lower motor mount from installing the dogbone bushing, apparently it can go together more than one way No harm, no foul though. Clicked the ebay smoked markers in, they are fine. Monday/tuesday I should get my votex'd front bumper, smoked tails, and smoked osir clear corners. Once murderface sends the color matched headlight inserts, and I get everything installed, I will be sure to take some pics.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: KMAC PDF? ...and some news.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you.
Can't wait to see the pics!

There aren't any real instructions on how to adjust them.
You just turn the bolt and lock it in place when everything is aligned properly.
To realign you loosen the nut, and turn the bolt until it's at the setting you want.
A good alignment shop shouldn't have a problem with this.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:38 PM
5th Gear

Yep, they're either smart enough to understand 'loosen nut, and turn the head of the bolt to make adjustments' or they're too stupid AND arrogent (always together) to listen... disregard your written instruction, and put their 'best 2 techs, the subaru guy, and the caddy guy' (both not Audi guys, and its aftermarket so NONE of that matters anyway) on it, and they work for 3 days and can't figure out why it never stays where they put it.

Thats a 'for instance', not like it happened to me or anything....

Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
2nd Gear

[8D]I know you have suffered on this, I remember that horror story. As far as the other stuff, it wont be in until early next week, but yeah pictures before and after most likely. I did also order the hosetechniques universal kit since at 87k soem of those braided lines are pretty gnarly, though I might wait and try to do that when I do some cleaning of the mani etc

2nd Gear

[8D]I know you have suffered on this, I remember that horror story. As far as the other stuff, it wont be in until early next week, but yeah pictures before and after most likely. I did also order the hosetechniques universal kit since at 87k soem of those braided lines are pretty gnarly, though I might wait and try to do that when I do some cleaning of the mani etc

SoCal Crew Member

ya know, those fat fives go for a pretty penny over at vortex

Old 04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear

are you one of the sneaky petes that has pm'd or replied in one of thoose threads? I have a couple local people who would prolly give me 5 for them, but they are so damned beat up that I think I am just going to run them this summer, since the generals have full tread depth on them (5/8ths) but yeah Id like to upgrade, my drop was pretty mild though so I am unsure how good 18s will look, though thats the size I am looking to go. Id be interested in buying some other set that had rubber at least though.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM
5th Gear

You're 5's are 10 times better looking than mine. I'd say yours are fixable, mine are trashed.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:10 PM
2nd Gear

I wonder if these would look decent, they are local, but prolly super heavy :-P EDIT 25 lbs not light but less heavy than the fat fives i think
http://burlington.craigslist.org/pts/633855263.html

Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
5th Gear

Not a bad deal. 25lb, 19" rim, and if those are as clean as the guy says, thats $100 less than tirerack has them for right now.