Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

More Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:10 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: More Power

i dont get kickbacks.. we do try to pay our employees for doing what they do everyday, however.

but, again, it's personal preference. have you heard anything else besides your borla?

Old 03-08-2006, 05:26 AM
1st Gear

do you sell borla for the TT? I didn't see it in your online catalog. I havn't herd any clips on the TT for either exhaust, but I have herd the borla on an A4 and thought it sounded nice. Does anyone have video or sound clips or where to find one?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Why is the APR so expensive for the 225 quattro is it that great or does it give extreme performance gains?

Is the APR loud, raspy, quiet, etc?

Old 03-23-2006, 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: mrkieffer

Hey everyone. I've got a 180hp 2001 TT, and I'm looking at getting more power. I hear the way to do it is to chip it and get a new cold air intake and exhaust system. Which type would you suggest? I'm looking for something decently cheap but still good quality. I hear borla and apr a lot. Whats better, cheaper, any website I should be looking at?

You want to save money ? UPsolute chip is the cheapest, yet very power chip you can get....
Just get an upgraded DP from a well known exhaust company..GHL, APR, Borla, Magnaflow, etc....you won't necessarily need the full exhaust system (even though it sounds much better and does add a little more HP). If you can afford it go full turboback, if not just get the Down pipe. CAI...go with whatever is cheapest...GHL CAI is pretty cheap...or just put a K&N drop in filter..(don't spend a lot on CAI...) DOn't forget you have to get an upgraded DV with you CHIP.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Emil@RENN=ART

hey there! welcome to audiforums!

we have a ton of things to make your 180 the envy of all 225 owners!

let me know if you have any questions about the products on our site. you can pm or e-mail me.

here are a couple quick questions and suggestions:

#1 are you looking for 30-40hp and 50-70tq? then this is my suggestion (stg1+):

- REVO Chip - $500
- Milltek Cat-back Exhaust - $869
- Diverter Valve - $155
- Intake (we suggest staying with the nice stock cold-air setup and doing a K&N drop in filter) - $50
- Forge Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose - $190

#2 are you looking for a lot more than 30-40hp eventually?.. then you shouldn't waste money doing small upgrades and then redoing everything again:

- Our Turbokit (see our site for what's included) - $3029-3698 ($ depends on what kind of hp you're looking for)
- Full exhaust (downpipe and catback) $869 + $400
- Diverter Valve - $155
- Forge FMIC - $1550
With standard upgrades you will get over 40hp...you don't have to go BT or anything like that...Chip alone is 35-40hp!! So i'm not sure what you're saying here...doesn't make a lot of sense to me.... Here I'll be conservative... chip 30hp.. full 3" tb exhaust 15hp...other minor mods include CAI, TIP, DV (have to get it with the chip), FMIC, Pulleys, then after all the little things have your car custom tuned (chip) and you'll be up to 60-70hp increase... I've seen more (yes stock turbo) but this is safe to say!!

Old 03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

some people live in crank hp land and others deal with real world wheel hp. we're in the wheel hp category.

sure.. 60whp can be done on a TT180 if stretched to its max with every little mod possible (guess what.. it adds up)

we are a true tuner and a real performance shop who give solid advise to our local clients every day as well as online. if we hear that a customer is looking for more than 40hp we suggest that they go with a big turbo to really get a satisfying experience.

we've worked on these cars for years now... but maybe you're another online parts supplier who is extremely knowledgeble about these cars. if so, i apologize.

maybe learn a little about these cars before jumping all over another Audiforums.com supporter's post. that is if you really are a supporter of the site. if you haven't heard from the moderators already, you will shortly.

we live in the real world, and i know that all that you do is sell some parts online because you somehow fooled some companies into giving you jobber or wholesale accounts... but come on man.. relax with the smart comments. we're all here to support a community that we love and are part of.

thanks man.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Emil@RENN=ART

some people live in crank hp land and others deal with real world wheel hp. we're in the wheel hp category.

sure.. 60whp can be done on a TT180 if stretched to its max with every little mod possible (guess what.. it adds up)

we are a true tuner and a real performance shop who give solid advise to our local clients every day as well as online. if we hear that a customer is looking for more than 40hp we suggest that they go with a big turbo to really get a satisfying experience.

we've worked on these cars for years now... but maybe you're another online parts supplier who is extremely knowledgeble about these cars. if so, i apologize.

maybe learn a little about these cars before jumping all over another Audiforums.com supporter's post. that is if you really are a supporter of the site. if you haven't heard from the moderators already, you will shortly.

we live in the real world, and i know that all that you do is sell some parts online because you somehow fooled some companies into giving you jobber or wholesale accounts... but come on man.. relax with the smart comments. we're all here to support a community that we love and are part of.

thanks man.

....BT setup? For daily driver?? Most people don't want THAT much HP, they aren't that committed. And BTW if you would like to see a dyno with 240+ WHP on a K03s, please feel free to email me.....honestly though, not cool, very unprofessional!! If there's anything else you'd like to discuss please feel free to email me!! I wasn't trying to start anything..I just know what can be done without going BT...that's all...but I will agree that if you want MORE than 230-240hp then you need (have to) upgrade the turbo...but I wanted to clarify what was possible...no smart remarks here..

Old 03-29-2006, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear

Jeremy I have a 2002 180 Audi TT FWD and have done the following mods:

TTDA cold air intake
2.5 downpipe
2.5 catback
GIAC chip
diverter
bigger MAF
4 bar fpr

How much do you think I got in whp with all that?

As you see by my signature area I have now upgraded to the GT2X but I am just curious as to what I had before the bigger turbo. I was estimating around 200 whp but now after the new turbo I dont think I was there. Im not even there with the bigger turbo now.

So Im not sure about the gains some people say about the smaller mods. I did see a good gain the pull with those mods but now Im just not sure. Wish I had done a dyno before the install but that takes more $$$.

What else would I have needed to get the K03 to 240 whp?

Old 03-30-2006, 11:55 PM

Steve,
It's really hard to say...probably right around 200whp...aren't you 100% familiar with tuning?? I'm not sure, but aren't you steve, modshack guy?? Anyways...if you want it tuned higher..FMIC is a def. IMHO..3" Turboback (no resonator), turbo inlet hose, pulleys, injectors,.. and tuning..Tuning is probably the most important part. The 230-240whp is what, 80-90whp more than stock(150-160)? This not extremely "safe:" or practical ...but it is possible!! I understood what Emil was saying as far as not wasting money because having to buy another downpipe/exhaust manifold and paying for software (again)..but it is possible to push the power over the standard 200whp number. Pretty much you can get 195-200whp with a chip, turboback, CAI and TIP (maybe not even necessary to hit 200whp).

If you had GIAC X+ then you were def. at the 200whp mark ..at least really close

Old 03-31-2006, 10:01 AM
2nd Gear

Well Jeremy@ConceptDub it seems you have been using your superior knowledge again (not), Im not the Steve from Modshack. Im just another guy named Steve who was asking some questions and trying to learn more and get his car tuned good. But I can see where Emil is coming from too, you are a bit of an ***. But I do appreciate the other info you gave in the reply.