Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

new a/c vent idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 PM
3rd Gear
Default new a/c vent idea(FINISHED!!)

Some of you know I'm blacking out my interior. I have figured out the best way to do the vents. Since my TT broke down on me today, Audi was nice enough to give me a new A3 DSG for a loaner. While mashing on the gas pedal I noticed that the A3 has the exact same a/c vent set-up. Only difference is that the A3 has black plastic bezels(they look pretty nice. Not as flashy as the TT). So I've put up a trade thread in the A3 forums. I'm pretty sure someone would rather have the alluminum TT bezels than they're plastic ones.

Last edited by warranty225cpe; 02-19-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm make believe

do they just pull out and shaped like the TT's?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 PM
3rd Gear

Yup, I was so excited to figure this out. It almost makes my car breaking down worth it. The big metal bezels have always detracted from the TTs look IMO. Although they are pretty nice. I'm just not a fan. I can't wait to get some more subtle A3 vents. Gonna save me a butt load of prep time.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 AM

if i'm not mistaken they dont have the tt dimples.... right???? i think they are some sort of little squares. i have one sugestion for this project...... Powdercoat! you can remove all the metal trim and have all the pieces coated for about $100. they usually dont care how many you have as long as they can just bead blast them and coat them. i would do the triangles, the vent rings, the radio cover, the airbag ring, the glove box handle, the cup holder rings and the shifter ring. and it wont scratch or peel that easy.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah, they look like black plastic Bezels. They would blend in with the black interior perfectly. I think just painting the stereo door, shift ring and grab rails are enough. Once I get those done, the darker vent dials will really clean up the interior. All of that alluminum is a bit 2 industrial for the TT(IMO). And if the paint doesn't work well, I'm gonna pull those 3 big pieces, and have them powdercoated.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear

so Ive gotten a great response from the A3 community about the vent swap. ive had 4 people email me that are interested. the ony issue= ive got my liquid TT in one of my vents. So I need another vent to complete the swap. Any of you guys have an extra vent?

Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Thumbs up

Well , I do have one .
Can be your for $55 shiped

Old 01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by arturttq
Well , I do have one .
Can be your for $55 shiped
thats a little on the high side for me. sent you a PM

Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
3rd Gear

I just went down to champion because I wanted to see if the A3 vents fit. It was good because its sunday, and no service people are there. I pulled the A3 vent out and attempted the swap. the TT vent fit in the A3 very snug. but Im pretty positive it will work. The hole that the A3 vent would go in, in the TT needs to be shaved a little on the inside to make it fit well. All in all, Im excited to have actually seen this swap get this far. Ive got a bunch of other A3 owners that are eager to get their hands on TT vents. so anyone that is interested, let me know. I will hook you up with one of the many people who have showed interest. IMO, these are gonna look much better than the stock bezels. I will keep you guys posted, and pics will follow as soon as I can get them up.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
cmh
Thumbs up

I installed the AWE boost gauge package from an A3 in my TT vent because I liked the looks of the black needle center better and it saved about $80. I had to shave down the A3 gauge bezel about 2mm to get it to work.

Not exactly what your attempting but confirmation that TT and A3 vents are very close in size to each other.

Quick Reply: new a/c vent idea